San Fran bay area peeps?

Options
We have a peninsula playground! So, what are your favorite outdoor activities? (Well, before the evening fog rolls in anyway ;-)

Replies

• questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    Options
    I live close to a great place to do some easy hiking: Glen Park Canyon. But I'm new to the area (as of June), so I would love to hear what everyone else likes to do!
  • questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    Options
    BUMP!

Come on! There's NO ONE ELSE in the Bay Area??? :happy:
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,695 Member
    Options
    I live in the TRI VALLEY area so weather here is much nicer IMO which is why there are tons of people who are out doing activity.
    Once school starts I can hit the road again after dropping off my daughter at school.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Don't forget the slogan for the 49ers this year.................."SUCK FOR LUCK!"
  • paxetamore
    paxetamore Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    BUMP!

Come on! There's NO ONE ELSE in the Bay Area??? :happy:

Bump!

Really, where are you all hiding?
  • DizzieLittleLifter
    DizzieLittleLifter Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    I'm in the bay area but not north bay. I'm south bay. :)
  • pragya728
    pragya728 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I just moved to the North Bay, to Petaluma. I haven't found many places for hiking or anything here but I used to live in San Jose and then Foster City. I used to go hiking a lot in San Jose, to Alum Rock Park and other places. And go walking by the lagoon in Foster City.
  • jamja
    jamja Posts: 190
    Options
    East Bay here. A great spot for a casual walk or even a more aggressive hike is the Lafayette resovior.

Great to connect with locals!!
  • jamja
    jamja Posts: 190
    Options
    If your from the bay area...let's hear from you!!
    There has to be more of us out there.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Who got stuck on BART yesterday?
  • paxetamore
    Options
    I live close to a great place to do some easy hiking: Glen Park Canyon. But I'm new to the area (as of June), so I would love to hear what everyone else likes to do!

sounds nice! i get to the beaches whenever possible for ocean sounds "therapy" and great calf workouts walking on the sand :D
  • paxetamore
    Options
    I'm in the bay area but not north bay. I'm south bay. :)

and what are your favorite outdoor south bay activities? some of us get down there once in a while ;)
  • paulahhhh
    paulahhhh Posts: 283
    Options
    Currently, I'm in Fremont & will be moving to Hayward.. So, there's the 2.5 mile trail around Lake Elizabeth. And there's the 5.6 mile hike back & forth at Mission Peak.

I posted a thread the other day seeing if ppl would want to get together to do a hike up & down Mission Peak! No one posted :[
    But YAY BAY AREA <3
  • paxetamore
    Options
    I just moved to the North Bay, to Petaluma. I haven't found many places for hiking or anything here but I used to live in San Jose and then Foster City. I used to go hiking a lot in San Jose, to Alum Rock Park and other places. And go walking by the lagoon in Foster City.

Seems I heard about a huge park with trails and horseback riding in sonoma county... check it out and let us know too :) Foster City is a nice place to walk around for sure!

i get to the beaches whenever possible for ocean sounds "therapy" and great calves workouts walking on the sand :D
  • paxetamore
    Options
    Who got stuck on BART yesterday?

not i :) and u?
  • paxetamore
    Options
    East Bay here. A great spot for a casual walk or even a more aggressive hike is the Lafayette resovior.

Great to connect with locals!!

reservoir area lovely out there! thanks for the reminder :)

i get to the beaches whenever possible for ocean sounds "therapy" and great calves workout walking on the sand :D
  • paxetamore
    Options
    Currently, I'm in Fremont & will be moving to Hayward.. So, there's the 2.5 mile trail around Lake Elizabeth. And there's the 5.6 mile hike back & forth at Mission Peak.

I posted a thread the other day seeing if ppl would want to get together to do a hike up & down Mission Peak! No one posted :[
    But YAY BAY AREA <3

Great idea!!! too much for me currently, but there must b some takers on that hike!
  • paulahhhh
    Options

But YAY BAY AREA <3

Great idea!!! too much for me currently, but there must b some takers on that hike!

The offer still stands forever!! Or until I figure out where I want to get my psych degree at! (Leaning towards the East Coast :noway:)
  • paxetamore
    Options

But YAY BAY AREA <3

The offer still stands forever!! Or until I figure out where I want to get my psych degree at! (Leaning towards the East Coast :noway:)

East coast has some fine schools for sure, but so do we :) Are you a Cali native?
  • paulahhhh
    Options

East coast has some fine schools for sure, but so do we :) Are you a Cali native?

Born in the Philippines, but I lived 25yrs of my life in Cali. Mainly in Nor*Cal :)