What supplements do you take?

Options
Hi all. I was just curious as to if anyone takes any supplements (vitamins, minerals, enzymes, etc) as part of their weight loss regimen. Cheers for any answers! :)

Replies

• laurenq1991
    laurenq1991 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I don't take supplements for weight loss but I do take 1000 IU vitamin D3 almost daily. I wear SPF 50 sunscreen and cover my arms and legs year-round due to being very pale so I don't get vitamin D3 from the sun. I am pescetarian and eat animal products with vitamin D3 but it's hard to get enough from food alone. My doctor found that I was deficient (most people in my area are) in 2016 before I started taking a supplement.

I also eat some foods that are fortified, like nutritional yeast that has B12 and other vitamins, plant milks that are fortified with calcium and vitamin D so on, and yogurt that has vitamin D3 added. However I don't eat those specifically for nutritional reasons but just because I like the taste.
  • JessAndreia
    JessAndreia Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Not for weight loss, but I take vitamin D-3 (that has a bit of K-2 as well) because I don't bother to get sun even in the summer since I hate hot weather, and I take DHA from algae since I rarely eat foods with it.
    Don't take this in supplement form, but I make sure to eat foods fortified with B12 often since I follow a vegan diet.
  • CindyJNC1963
    CindyJNC1963 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    multivitamin, vitamin D, fish oil, and a probiotic
  • MishMashMisha
    MishMashMisha Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I take vitamin D in the winter, and iron (because I 'm a regular blood donor). Neither are really for weight loss, but they probably help with my overall energy levels. I also take fish oil on occasion. Supposedly it helps with muscle recovery. I don't know how true that is, but I figure it can't hurt. And I usually have protein shake (whey isolate+unsweetened almond milk), because I have trouble hitting my protein goals.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    Supplements don't do anything for weight loss. Weight loss is caused by a calorie deficit. Supplements might be appropriate while losing weight if your calorie deficit makes it hard for you to get enough of a particular vitamin or mineral in your diet.
  • CookieJones2018
    CookieJones2018 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    apullum wrote: »
    Supplements don't do anything for weight loss. Weight loss is caused by a calorie deficit. Supplements might be appropriate while losing weight if your calorie deficit makes it hard for you to get enough of a particular vitamin or mineral in your diet.

Yep, thanks. I was asking what people were taking as part of their weight loss, not targeted to it. :)
  • TrishSeren
    TrishSeren Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    None, my diet seems to give me everything I need thankfully.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    im not sure its needed but i take a womens daily multivitamin.

when i remember to, anyways.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    Multivit, D3, Mg, fish oil and melatonin. None are for weight loss.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    Options
    Ritual Vitamins and Biotin
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Multi vitamin and fish oil. Just for peace of mind, not for weight loss.
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Options
    Not for weightloss, but I always intend to take D3 in the winter. Been forgetting so far this winter, though. Nothing else right now, since I eat a decent amount of fatty fish.
  • 13RobynT
    13RobynT Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I take a scoop of this protein drink every other day, it tastes fine and gives me a lot of what I need.
  • Competeballpythons
    Competeballpythons Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    13RobynT wrote: »
    I take a scoop of this protein drink every other day, it tastes fine and gives me a lot of what I need.

How’s that taste @13RobynT ?
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    Not for weight loss but I take:

Multi-vitamin
    Vitamin D
    Calcium
    Fish Oil
    Creatine
  • 13RobynT
    13RobynT Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    13RobynT wrote: »

How’s that taste @13RobynT ?

Well pretty good actually, mix with 250ml water. Vanilla 🤗
  • BobFox789
    BobFox789 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Other then just food i do a protein powder to supplement me more protein. It’s low carb and fat and high protein (gold standard).
  • Strongfitmama100412
    Options
    Multivitamin- womens active met rx
    Probiotic
    Calcium with vitamin d
    Omega 3
    Whey protein powder
    creatine.