Walk at home workouts Leslie sansone

The workouts that work beat for me are fun cardio workouts like the walk at home series by Leslie sansone. She states in her videos that the average speed is somewhere around five mph during the workouts and I know everyone is different as they workout. I’m just curious to see what everyone logs as their workout for this form of exercise. I log mine as a jogging (because she does have you run in the workouts) for the length of the video time.

How do you log your walks at home?

Replies

• puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    I haven't done her workouts, but I would be inclined to go with walking, 5.0 mph. Just pick something, use it for a couple weeks and determine if that is working for you.
  • try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member
    If I really was giving it my all, and not just "walking" through it, I logged it as low-impact aerobics. Even then, most MFP burn estimates are inflated, so you may only want to eat back 50-75% of the calories until you see how it affects your rate of loss.
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,676 Member
    I always list it as low impact aerobics. The videos I have are about 4 mph, so fast walk at best.
  • alicebhsia1
    alicebhsia1 Posts: 82 Member
    she describes it as brisk walking so i put it as brisk walking. i think it's 3.5 mph. the video i have, there hasn't been any running in it but i've only done the basic beginning one so far.
  • try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member
    she describes it as brisk walking so i put it as brisk walking. i think it's 3.5 mph. the video i have, there hasn't been any running in it but i've only done the basic beginning one so far.

Some of the more advanced videos have quite a lot of upper-body work or full-body movements that a person normally doesn't do while walking.

No need to stress over it, though. Like @puffbrat said, we can just pick something and make adjustments based on whether/how it affects our rate of loss.
  • emmies_123
    emmies_123 Posts: 513 Member
    I log mine as either walking, or calisthenics if there is a lot of upper body motion. Those are the lowest burns according to MFP, and I don't want to overstate what i'm doing
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,586 Member
    My fitbit usually logs a 5 mile walk (when I'm pacing my apartment and not walking in place) around 3 miles. One of these days I'm going to rip the audio from the dvd I use most and test out if it really is 5 miles on one of my walks outside.
  • tarrad2
    tarrad2 Posts: 8 Member
    I always wondered what the actual speed or steps are for each video myself. But I do know they are great overall muscle toning exercises and addictive moves. I find myself doing them throughout the day at work when I get the chance and no one is around of course 😂
  • VegasGrammy
    VegasGrammy Posts: 3 Member
    tarrad2 wrote: »
    The workouts that work beat for me are fun cardio workouts like the walk at home series by Leslie sansone. She states in her videos that the average speed is somewhere around five mph during the workouts and I know everyone is different as they workout. I’m just curious to see what everyone logs as their workout for this form of exercise. I log mine as a jogging (because she does have you run in the workouts) for the length of the video time.

How do you log your walks at home?

I log my workout as aerobic exercise and find that to be pretty accurate for calorie count