just joined! needed some help..

Options
Hi! i just joined this website in hope of getting some assistance in losing weight.
i am a short (5'0-5'1'') 18 year old girl who is very curvy and weighs about 132 pounds...

i thought my lifestyle was healthy enough, but i've been desperately trying to lose weight and it just hasn't happened!
I work long days of running back and forth, serving people french fries and burgers... (Wendy's)
Luckily, i'm a vegetarian and i'm not tempted by cheeseburgers ;)
I work out every day for AT LEAST 15 minutes, and I walk to work.

My biggest downfall is SUGAR... but hopefully keeping track of how much i really eat will help me realize how much i need to cut out!

If anyone has any tips for getting rid of stubborn stomach/thigh/arm fat, let me know! :)

Replies

• billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    Just keeping track will let you know. Also might want to look into different exercise routine. If your not getting the results you want.
  • Lois_75
    Lois_75 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Lois I'm new to this site too, just joined today as well. Before I joined this site I had brunch. 2 boiled eggs, 4 bacon, 2 blueberry waffles with margarine and syrup of course lol, and a glass of milk. And I thought well this is a good breakfast/lunch. Then I joined this site and entered this all in. I'm only aloud 1800cal with out exercise, and this costed me over 1000 calories. Needless to say I was shocked at the amount of calories I took in. It is amazing what we eat that we think should be okay but isn't. I need to loose at least 140(give or take) to get to my goal weight. I'm only 5'3" and this much weight on a small frame just isn't good. We can be a support to one another if you wish, just add me as your friend. Take Care :smile:
  • picinina
    picinina Posts: 76
    Options
    Hi kails13,

You'll be happy to know that you're definitely not alone on this one! I too am 5ft and currently 62kg (134.6lbs).

MFPal has been, nothing short of amazing and I am getting really nice results at quite a quick pace. Being little, you do have to absolutely work your guts out. I have found, since joining (about 1 month ago) that it is a huge combination of both eating extremely well and then pushing your expectations with the exercise. *little cheers* I'm almost ready to go down a dress size!

By the way, you're a light weight, and I'm a light weight. Once you start reading all of the inspirational stories on here, a little trigger will switch off in your head (as it did for me) and you'll get that it's about shape and size, not so much what the scale reads.. A little tip: when you get home tonight, grab a measuring tape and once a week compare your figures and watch your clothes shrink! **BLISS**

Add me and I can help you out and we can shrink horizontally together! *smiles*

Goodluck!
    Picinina