Progress of those sufferring from hypothyroidism

Options
Hello!

If you have hasimotos or some other underactive/inactive thyroid disorder, and you have successfully lose weight, I have some progress questions?

1) How tall are you?
2) What was your starting weight?
3) What is your goal weight?
4) How long did it take you to lose weight in 10 pound intervals?
5) How active are you, and what type of activity?
6) Did your scale freeze for weeks at a time?
7) How old are you?
8)Gender?
9) If you could give 1 tip you wish you had gotten, what would it be?
10) Any other tidbits you want to add about yourself!

Here are my answers:

1)5'4
2)I started at 176
3) I'm looking to get down to 130 for my wedding
4) It's taken me about 3 months to lose 15 pounds
5) I exercise 4X/week, and I do acombo- mostly elliptical on interval training setting, but I also do strength training with some free weights and the machines at my gym.
6) Yes, my scale is currently frozen at 162.
7) 24
8)Female
9) Don't pay attention to the weight loss successes of people who don't have your specific issues. Everyone's body is different, and having underactive/inactive thyroid changes the game for you (somewhat). Patience & stamina, more than anything else, are mandatory for people with thyroid conditions who are trying to lose weight!
10) I find that when I work out, I NEED distractions- this is why I am currently reading Breaking Dawn at the gym!

Replies

• fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    1) How tall are you? in signature
    2) What was your starting weight? in signature
    3) What is your goal weight? in signature
    4) How long did it take you to lose weight in 10 pound intervals? less than a month
    5) How active are you, and what type of activity? I drive im and and out of a vehicle most of the day
    6) Did your scale freeze for weeks at a time? nope
    7) How old are you? 32
    8)Gender? M
    9) If you could give 1 tip you wish you had gotten, what would it be? SODA IS THE DEVIL
    10) Any other tidbits you want to add about yourself! WINNING!
  • lablovr108
    lablovr108 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Hi! I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism about ten years ago.

1) How tall are you? 5' 1"
    2) What was your starting weight? 178
    3) What is your goal weight? 120
    4) How long did it take you to lose weight in 10 pound intervals? I've lost 22 pounds since May 2.
    5) How active are you, and what type of activity? I'm more active than I used to be but still not very active. I sit in an office all day. I do average 12,000 steps a day on the pedometer. Try to walk a minimum of 1.5 miles at 3.5 mph pace Mon-Fri and 3.5 miles at that pace Sat-Sun.
    6) Did your scale freeze for weeks at a time? Not really... the last few weeks I've gained and lost the same 1-2 pounds over and over but I blame that more on the parties/festivals I've been at.
    7) How old are you? 34
    8)Gender? Female
    9) If you could give 1 tip you wish you had gotten, what would it be? Many small meals/snacks throughout the day. I try not to consume more than 300 calories at one time but I am constantly eating. :)
    10) Any other tidbits you want to add about yourself! Wish me luck - I just got my thryoid tested this morning actually. I've been extra sluggish lately so I'm anxious to see the results. And good luck to you!!
  • courtneylyna
    Options
    1) How tall are you? 5'3"
    2) What was your starting weight? 1 started at about 179 in March
    3) What is your goal weight? 130
    4) How long did it take you to lose weight in 10 pound intervals? I am just recently down 10 lbs since Feb.
    5) How active are you, and what type of activity? Normally I am lightly active, teacher during school year, mother to two young children
    6) Did your scale freeze for weeks at a time? I have always struggled with weight, as I was born without a thyroid, so consistently throughout my life, depending on meds, or diet, or activity level fluctuations, the scale has seemed to freeze
    7) How old are you? 32
    8)Gender? F
    9) If you could give 1 tip you wish you had gotten, what would it be? Workout to feel good, not just lose weight!!
    10) Any other tidbits you want to add about yourself! I am also a nursing mother so as much as I want to lose weight right now, I have had to maintain a certain amount of calories per day...I am hoping that once my babe turns 1 (in Dec.) and starts to wean and I no longer need to produce I can further cut my intake and see greater results!
  • CarolynB38
    CarolynB38 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    1) How tall are you? 5'6"
    2) What was your starting weight? 202
    3) What is your goal weight? 140lb
    4) How long did it take you to lose weight in 10 pound intervals? Still haven't managed it
    5) How active are you, and what type of activity? Very. I walk everywhere. I run 3 times a week and do karate twice a week
    6) Did your scale freeze for weeks at a time? Yep
    7) How old are you? 39
    8)Gender? Female
    9) If you could give 1 tip you wish you had gotten, what would it be? Don't listen to all the people that tell you it should be just as easy to lose weight as someone with a normal thyroid. It has destroyed my self-esteem and made me feel that I am useless because I can't lose weight. I felt it was my fault but now I know it isn't.
    10) Any other tidbits you want to add about yourself! I'm now on a mission to get my thyroid treatment sorted. I have loads of symptoms of hypothyroid even though I take 125mcg thyroxine and it may even be the cause of my RA, severe depression and cardiac arrhythmia. I know I will have a fight on my hands to even get a low dose of T3 let alone Armour natural thyroid but wish me luck!
  • sarahofsteel
    sarahofsteel Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    1) How tall are you? - 5'9"
    2) What was your starting weight? - 276
    3) What is your goal weight? - 180
    4) How long did it take you to lose weight in 10 pound intervals? - probably 10 weeks
    5) How active are you, and what type of activity? - sitting job but I try to walk 1.5-3.0 miles a day, workout 2XW with weight
    6) Did your scale freeze for weeks at a time? - Oh yes, but then it would move down, then stop again.
    7) How old are you? 50
    8)Gender? F
    9) If you could give 1 tip you wish you had gotten, what would it be? - The scale isn't as important as the joy of feeling better, clothes fitting better/loose, and the joy of movement! Don't beat yourself up because you can do all the right things and not see progress for a while, but it is happening and even those plateaus are doing something good for you (body readjusting). Also allow a treat once in a while, because if you feel too deprived frustration might make for a big lapse.
    10) Any other tidbits you want to add about yourself!
  • ahavoc
    ahavoc Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    1) How tall are you? - 5'4"
    2) What was your starting weight? - 233
    3) What is your goal weight? - 138
    4) How long did it take you to lose weight in 10 pound intervals? - only lost 13 in 6 weeks
    5) How active are you, and what type of activity? - sitting job but I work out 5x a week elliptical
    6) Did your scale freeze for weeks at a time? - not yet
    7) How old are you? 53
    8)Gender? F
    9) If you could give 1 tip you wish you had gotten, what would it be? -It's ok to mess up, just get back on the horse
    10) Any other tidbits you want to add about yourself! Diagnosed at 36 with Hashimotos thyroiditis. took 5 years of doctors telling me there was nothing wrong and that i needed a psychiatrist. I no longer trust doctors and will get 4, or 5 opinions and still research on my own prior to doing anything md's say.
  • mrslondon
    mrslondon Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    1) How tall are you? 5ft even
    2) What was your starting weight? 197lbs
    3) What is your goal weight? 135lbs
    4) How long did it take you to lose weight in 10 pound intervals? Not at my first goal of 10lbs yet
    5) How active are you, and what type of activity? Not very active but getting there,started walking again
    6) Did your scale freeze for weeks at a time? Oh yes
    7) How old are you? 24
    8)Gender? Female
    9) If you could give 1 tip you wish you had gotten, what would it be? To go to see a doctor sooner to get diagnosed so my weight issues could have been resolved sooner along with all the other symptoms i blew off because i thought i was just being lazy
    10) Any other tidbits you want to add about yourself! I gonna kick some butt now i got diagnosed and have started on some medication, no more excuses!!
  • annika27
    annika27 Posts: 56
    Options
    1) How tall are you? 5'3
    2) What was your starting weight? 185. heaviest was 195.
    3) What is your goal weight? 140, maybe less.
    4) How long did it take you to lose weight in 10 pound intervals?not sure. i lost about 20 in three months, but then i got gallstones and after surgery i gained it all back.
    5) How active are you, and what type of activity? i try to exercise a few times a week, 40 min cardio dvds.
    6) Did your scale freeze for weeks at a time? definitely.
    7) How old are you? 19.
    8)Gender? female
    9) If you could give 1 tip you wish you had gotten, what would it be? Don't give up when the scale doesn't move!
    10) Last time they checked my thyroid, my pills weren't strong enough and they said they needed to up it. I have been on the stronger ones for awhile, and I need to get checked again. I also have PCOS