am i a weird-O

Options
Does anyone else have this problem?

When I eat an entire egg (yoke and white) I get a feeling in my esophagus which makes me feel like I'm going to be sick. I don't, but it is mainly just uncomfortable. (Other foods that make me feel this way are refried beans and SOMETIMES blue cheese.

However, when I eat just the egg white, I'm good to go.

My doctor just tells me "well don't eat that stuff". Fair enough. But I was just wondering if I'm the only odd ball out there.

(Disclaimer: I do avoid the foods which make me sick.)

Replies

• Dabbles
    Dabbles Posts: 367
    Options
    Peanut butter and bananas sometimes do that to me. And have since i was a child. No suggestions here.
  • BerkeleyMama
    Options
    Could be a food allergy...somethin' in the yolk, yet not the white (whites are pretty benign) but folks who are allergic to eggs, I've definitely heard of them....
  • jamielise2
    jamielise2 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I can get that problem if I eat too much bread...but it's rare. For me it usually means I need to slow down. Who knows...
  • peacock2828
    Options
    Peanut butter and cheddar cheese that isn't melted do that to me. If I eat it in something, I'm fine though.
  • Ronny46
    Ronny46 Posts: 23
    Options
    It could be that your allergic to the egg yoke. I should know because Im allergic to every food there is almost LOL. Have your Doctor give you an allergy test in which they take a tiny needle and pick your back with all kinds of stuff like pollens, regweed, fish, etc... to see what your body will react to. Just a suggestion.
  • CronoCX
    CronoCX Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    lol if i eat to many carrots like 3-4 i get a headache lol. I don't know what it is
  • PaulaJKelly
    Options
    Are you allergic to sulfur - some medications, egg yolks I believe, etc. have sulfur in them. I think just not eating it is the best solution. If you can't buy whole eggs and not eat it because that is wasteful, buy the egg whites. Worth checking into the food allergy part. Good luck
  • TropicalKitty
    TropicalKitty Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    I can't eat too many eggs. It makes me want to gag sometimes...but I think it's because I ate a bunch of eggs back in the day when I did Atkins and SoBe. Just got sick of eating eggs. I had to eat them with bread for a little bit...and now I can only eat like 2 scrambled eggs per month. *shrug*
  • AudgePaudge
    AudgePaudge Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Bananas, yogurt and sometimes pudding does that to me.
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    Yolks are gross.
  • cownancy
    cownancy Posts: 291
    Options
    I am answering without reading everyone's answers, so if I am repeating, please forgive me.
    IF you have the feeling like something is "stuck" in your esophogas, it is usually something like bread, beans, rice, could be egg yolk...anything sticky or too large. There are a couple of reasons: you could have a hernia preventing it from easily entering your stomach, OR it just could be too big of a bite or a bite not chewed enough and it is literally STUCK there.

With a lapband, the band is placed RIGHT THERE where the food enters the stomach, so "sliming" is when the food is stuck there and you have to relax and wait for it to finally go down, or choke it back up. DO NOT DRINK when this happens or you might make it worse. If you relax, your throat may open up more and get it down.

It gets worse with a hernia....
  • deepac456
    Options
    Same happens with my mother. banana and egg yolk doesn't suit her.

Now after delivery even i am experiencing the same.
  • jenwarship
    jenwarship Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    That happens to me when i drink too much milk or eat too much popcorn. I assume its a mild food allergy and I try to consume in moderation. (but I LOVE milk and popcorn!) (not together).