How many of you found it easy to get back on track after the holidays?

Options
13»

Replies

• Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    I just moved to maintenance for the week of Christmas/NYE and lost 2 pounds. I guess I wasn't at maintenance :D
  • garystrickland357
    garystrickland357 Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    CSARdiver wrote: »
    Smooth as silk.

It's just following a budget. I eat all the rich luxurious foods around the holidays in the same way I spend a bit more around the holidays on gifts. I simply don't keep doing this throughout the year.

I plan my bulking phases during the holidays and work on developing muscle and schedule in fat loss once this is over.

That's a great way to look at things.
  • vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
    Options
    shaf238 wrote: »
    Didn't need to get 'back' on track as I never left it. It's too easy to use the holidays as an excuse to fall (back) into bad habits and I don't think it's a justified excuse.

:|:D
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    I wasn't ever really off track for more than a day or so.
  • SaritaJack
    SaritaJack Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I did okay over the holidays, until the very end when I suddenly gained 5lbs! Getting home and back on track has taken 4.6 off without trying, but the sugar cravings have been rough. After about 3 days I was feeling great and not caring at all that I can’t eat candy at the moment. Then the cravings swung back around and it’s been rough for a few days now! I realized that I wasn’t drinking enough water, though, and that’s helped. I was also eating fruit to try to satiate my sweet tooth, but I’ve found that crunching carrots is way more effective.
  • vanityy99
    Options
    Back to my original weight before holidays/ vacation.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    I gained a couple pounds but mostly water weight. As soon as my routine was back and I had a look at my upcoming goals it was super easy.

This was pretty much me. I kept logging except for Thanksgiving day and Christmas day - I gave up, lol. The rest of the time I maintained my exercise schedule. I enjoyed the treats and goodies - but I didn't gorge myself. It was easy to put the goodies away and decide "the holidays are over" and get back to my normal routine. Within a week I was back to the same weight as before the holidays.

I did eat more, as there were more goodies around, but they are gone now, and I am no longer in #BakeAllTheThings mode.

I missed one day of exercise.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    vanityy99 wrote: »
    Back to my original weight before holidays/ vacation.

Since yesterday?
  • vanityy99
    Options
    Sharon_C wrote: »
    I just moved to maintenance for the week of Christmas/NYE and lost 2 pounds. I guess I wasn't at maintenance :D

Lucky girl.