Bright Line Eating

Options
Anyone here using Susan P. Thompson’s Bright Line Eating model??

Replies

• Talita4
    Talita4 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi There, Yes I have started. What freedom it is . Takes all the thinking and temptations out of my mind. Only 6 days in but lost weight each day.
  • ruminantia
    ruminantia Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am 7 days into the 14 day challenge. I feel really good, but have lost only a little over a pound by now. I don't think I will go for the Boot Camp for now. Not sure I need it, but can glean much from her videos and may pick up the book eventually. I was out yesterday and ate off of a salad bar, but was unable to weigh anything. I did stick to the right foods, except I forgot about not eating dried foods and had a small amount of sun dried tomatoes. I do like the idea of writing down everything I will eat the next day the night before. I haven't done this 100%, but still stuck to the right foods as I have everything I need on hand. Changing my thinking and relationship to food! The benefits are immense!
  • fjsutton
    fjsutton Posts: 60 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Talita4 wrote: »
    Hi There, Yes I have started. What freedom it is . Takes all the thinking and temptations out of my mind. Only 6 days in but lost weight each day.

Awesome Talita!!

• fjsutton
    Options
    @ruminantia it absolutely changes your relationship with food.
  • Takes2long
    Takes2long Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I followed BLE for a month and did lose weight and just felt better overall. I had three other people in the house and it was difficult to cook for everyone while making sure I stuck to those bright lines. I fell off the wagon and never got back on :-( I know it works, so I'm trying to ease back in slowly so I don't get overwhelmed. I'm low/middle on her scale, so I'm not prone to binge eat. But, I DO stress eat, and pre-stress eat. If I know stress is coming, I'll eat the bad foods. BLE did help with that too.

@ruminantia...I watched all her videos and bought the book. I was disappointed because the book didn't offer anything new. It was just all the info from the videos.
  • fjsutton
    Options
    My hubby and i got the audio book last year and listened to that!!! I’ve only recently found/ listen to videos etc. online— the book was enough for me. I’ve not done the 14 day or the Bootcamp. I’ve lost 55 lbs in the last 11 months BLE and 85 overall from my highest weight in 2016! Definitely works without all the ‘fluff’ as i call it.

Three things i DID learn outside the book that were extremely helpful:
    1) can combine/split veggies however i like— So didn’t have to do specific 6 veg 8 salad i could combine and have 14oz of veggies or salad or whatever i wanted... THE best thing i ever read was i could SPLIT the veggies 10 and 10 between lunch and diner!! This revolutionized my meals and helped me stay full longer until diner time.
    2) video on clean requests
    3) video on thanksgiving is a Thursday
    Bonus: video on food will travel

—-
    To me everything else is just a repeat of the book and Even being a 7 on scale— it just wasn’t necessary for me ( can’t speak for others)
  • EHisCDN
    EHisCDN Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I just discovered BLE (a friend started it about a month ago and recommended it to me a few days ago). I'm a 10 on the food susceptibility scale, which I didn't think I would be. I thought I'd be more of an 8 or 9, high but not the highest!
    Do any of you log your foods on MFP? I created a journal and commit by sending a picture of what I wrote down to my friend, but I'm afraid logging my food in MFP will make the saboteur come out and say "look how many calories you have left today, you could eat _______________".
    I'm really looking forward to discovering a healthier relationship with food :)
  • megweg1
    megweg1 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Not logging or tracking food is freeing. I agree that your sabatoeur will go to work if you log on MFP. Maybe you can find a way to log without a calorie total?
  • lalalacroix
    lalalacroix Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    I've never heard of this yet 2 zombie posts in the same day??!

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    I read the first few chapters or so. I was more or less with her re the science, but strongly disagreed with her conclusions, from which she formed her Bright Lines. They may be appropriate Bright Lines for her, but they are no means universal. Her claiming that the rules she developed for her should be followed by everyone with similar issues makes her come across like a keto-evangelist or a vegangelist, and lose credibility with me.

https://brightlineeating.com/faq/

...The four Bright Lines are sugar, flour, meals, and quantities. In other words, no sugar (whole, fresh fruit is okay, but fruit juice and dried fruit are not, nor are any artificial sweeteners or added sweeteners such as honey, agave, stevia, maple syrup, dextrose, sucralose, aspartame, saccharine, and similar products); no flour (of any kind—not even whole grain flour, oat flour, almond flour, or coconut flour—because it's the processing that dictates how it will affect our brains); eating only meals (for most people it's three meals a day with nothing in between—snacking and grazing are not allowed); and weighed and measured quantities (food is either weighed with a digital food scale, or a "one plate, no seconds" rule can be adopted).
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    ps - I got the book for free from my library system.