Protein

Options
Hi
I have a question regarding protein intake.
I have noticed sometimes at the end of the day my protein intake is higher than the recommended allowance , it is bad if it goes over ?
Can you eat to much protein ?
Thanks

Replies

• kevmandfl
    Options
    Hi
    I have a question regarding protein intake.
    I have noticed sometimes at the end of the day my protein intake is higher than the recommended allowance , it is bad if it goes over ?
    Can you eat to much protein ?
    Thanks
  • inigomontoya
    Options
    Protein helps you keep your muscle mass up and as long as you arent sacrificing too many carbs for protein calories it is hard to overload on protein
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/41911-too-much-protein-fiber

Someone was just asking the same thing on a thread I was just on... interested in learning a healthy ratio on my chart as well. Well, I'm not sure mine is unhealthy but I think it needs some adjustment for my lifestyle.

Anyone able to share a bit more on how we know what %'s to use. I do both strength training (3 times a week) and cardio 5-6 times a week for several hours.

Ok, don't know if you need to know more from me but any help would be appreciated!
    Websites or whatever as well:bigsmile:

Thanks,
    FC:heart:
  • Mmarcos
    Options
    It's definitely ok to have a higher protein intake! (You can adjust your macro-nutrient percentages through your goals as well, in case you didn't know) If you're into weight lifting it's recommended to have at least 1g of protein for every 1lb of your body weight. Your nutrient distribution really depends on what kind of diet you want, overall though, your calories at the end of the day are what's most important.

Here's a macro calculator to give you an idea of breakdowns for different diets, also has other calculators as well as some great info:

http://www.freedieting.com/tools/nutrient_calculator.htm
  • kevmandfl
    Options
    Thanks so much.
    I went to the links and read the info, I now feel better about what I'm doing.
    This food diary is awesome !!!!!!!
    Checking back on the last 4 days I have been on here my Fat and Protein is within range only going slightly over by a few points and my carbs are right around where they should be.
    Have to watch the fat though as it is slightly higher some days due to protein .

Thanks again , you girls and guys are AWESOME.
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    wanna check out the link a bit later today:wink: