The right diet and exercise

Hello
I’m father of two , and working to mantain the house , I’m Chubby at the moment , but I always trying to do any type of sports ! But is been very hard to do anything, trying some diets , but look like is not working (I’m not eating *kitten* food , I’m swear ) I’m doing push ups and abs every day (100 each ) ! There is any one that could help with some more info (exercise , diet to build muscles ) thanks

Replies

• tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,129 Member
    Weight loss is down to calorie deficit...

bh3rk9743u46.jpg
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    If you're like my husband, just giving up drinking full-sugar soda might be enough to drop 10 lbs in a year :)

Exercise doesn't necessarily have to be done at the gym... Go play with your kids--go for a walk, play sports in the yard, go for a bike ride. It all adds up.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited January 2019
    blackm_mau wrote: »
    Hello

trying some diets , but look like is not working (I’m not eating *kitten* food , I’m swear )

Have you tried to use MFP to lose weight? MFP is a tool that will help you lose weight by creating a calorie deficit, you simply eat that amount of calories a day; the image posted above details getting a food scale, logging your food accurately and consistently.

I’m doing push ups and abs every day (100 each ) !

You don't have to exercise to lose weight, but encourage you to exercise for over all general health, wellness and perhaps any type of fitness goals you might have?? Moving more general, doing lower impact if you have limitations like walking, all add up. You can search far and wide for exercise you might enjoy doing even from the comfort of your home, examples like fitnessblender, YouTube videos and body weight exercises like the ones listed below.

- You are your own gym
    - Convict Conditioning
    - Nerd Fitness Beginner Body Weight Routine
    - AthleanX
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Whatever you will do consistently.

For diet, develop habits that you can stick with even after the weightloss. Many people count calories as religiously in maintenance as they did during loss.

For exercise, just move in ways you find enjoyable. For me that is daily yoga and walking, with occasional dancing, cycling and tennis. I might even get the hula hoop out today For you, it might be calisthenics and playing with the kids.