Just starting up...thought I was a bit overwieight.....

Options
Thought I was a bit over weight but after doing the BMI it was a not so pleasant reminder that I am actually bordering obesity:( Hoping to do well.

Replies

• dancingdeer
    dancingdeer Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Best of luck! This is a great site to help keep yourself accountable. It's a learning process for all of us!

Friend me if you like!
  • CarlaRG
    CarlaRG Posts: 264
    Options
    Welcome and good luck on your journey!
  • Michelle9939
    Options
    Welcome!
  • kimberg75
    kimberg75 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    You'll do great!! I know I was shocked when I started and looked at my BMI and saw I was "obese"....now I'm just overweight, but hoping that will soon change to HEALTHY once I reach my goal weight!
    Good luck to you and feel free to add me as a friend for extra support.
  • hilhall822
    hilhall822 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Remember that feeling when you saw that on the days you don't feel like exercising or feel like not counting for the day- it will help. Welcome!
  • futurefitgirl88
    Options
    I started off at obese and now i'm normal!! if I can do it, so can you!! :) this is a great start!! I lost my weight through tracking calories and exersize.
  • mrphil86
    mrphil86 Posts: 2,382 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!

Don't sweat it too much, the BMI system is flawed.

Good luck in your goals however!
  • chorgi
    chorgi Posts: 221
    Options
    You can do it! Just believe in yourself. It's important to take yourself where you are (and it sounds like you are aware of your starting point) but don't beat yourself up. We all have needed to and continue to need to work on nearly every area of our lives. You'll do great! Feel free to add me.
  • ChristalJo
    Options
    You can do it! This is step one: facing it and taking action. You are strong. Good luck, and feel free to add me! :)