I have reached my weight goal! :)

Options
clau35
clau35 Posts: 8 Member
After a lot of work and 170 pounds lighter, I have reached my weight goal,160 pounds! It was not easy at first but with the right attitude and set of mind I made it possible.

Clau

Replies

• Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    That is a fantastic achievement, well done!
    If you have any good tips for maintaining now you are there, I'd love to hear them. I'm almost ready to maintain and have decided that will be almost as challenging as losing weight!
  • suavequeen
    suavequeen Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    So awesome... congrats!
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!!! That is AWESOME!!!
  • MaryRose84
    MaryRose84 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    REPOST PHOTOS AT YOUR HEAVIEST !!! CONGRATS :)
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    That's wonderful!!! Do you have any pics?
  • blackroses000
    Options
    Congratulations! Your dedication and hard work has paid off :)
  • JulieBoBoo
    JulieBoBoo Posts: 642
    Options
    Congratulations!!!
  • VeronicaAlamri
    VeronicaAlamri Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!! Congrats!!
  • becca92562
    becca92562 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
  • SimplyDeLish
    Options
    Congrats! That is a fantastic achievement! Here's to keeping the weight off and staying healthy!
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! Can't wait to see the B/A photos!:flowerforyou: :heart:
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    yewwww nice work! :)
  • fitzie63
    fitzie63 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Now, you have the largest challenge to face. That is, preventing those fat pounds from piling back on your heart-healthy body.

I guarantee that if you stop keeping a daily food diary, weighing & measuring every item that goes in your mouth, you will soon be right back where you started with more than 170 pounds back on. Been there~~~done that! I'm in this program for the long haul~~~the rest of my life. Am 1.1 lbs. away from goal and will remain faithful to my personally designed program. Good luck
  • clau35
    clau35 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi Ruby,
    I did not know it was going to be that hard to maintain. what I think it is an advantage is that when we reach our weight goal we learn and know our body and how it functions with intake food so well that we kind of know what to do and how much to eat or what to eat and how much exercise we need to lose what we ate :)

In my case, I do not eat much differently than when I was in a diet. I do very well during the week so I could sin lol in the weekend. I do a lot of cardio though to be able to sin one meal or maybe two.

I lost so much weight that I have to change my mind to do so. So, luckily, eating healthy and working out became a habit for me. What it bothers me a little is that I gain weight very very easily, and that is why if I eat unhealthy sometime I have to work out hard. But I can live with that because I like me new body more than my old one :)
  • SeatownJ
    SeatownJ Posts: 11
    Options
    Way to go! Excellent job on staying committed to your fitness goal. Don't forget to keep fit now that you reached your goal.
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    WOW that is soo fantastic! Congratulations and keep it up :)
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    Congratulations! Now, you have the largest challenge to face. That is, preventing those fat pounds from piling back on your heart-healthy body.

I guarantee that if you stop keeping a daily food diary, weighing & measuring every item that goes in your mouth, you will soon be right back where you started with more than 170 pounds back on. Been there~~~done that! I'm in this program for the long haul~~~the rest of my life. Am 1.1 lbs. away from goal and will remain faithful to my personally designed program. Good luck

Totally agree with you! Reaching your goal weight is only half the battle won, really the biggest and the most difficult one is weight maintenance because this involves changing your lifestyle.
  • cactusjon
    cactusjon Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Thats an AMAZING achievement - you must be so proud of yourself!!!
  • Ten10
    Ten10 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on reaching your weight loss goals!
  • fitsize12
    Options
    Well done, you should feel suitably proud. I also have a target weight of 160lb though not as much to lose as you did. It sounds as if you have made a real lifestyle change along the way so you seem like someone who will stay in control. Best of luck.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!