Healthy Fritatta, only 500 calories..FOR THE WHOLE PAN!

Options
Here's the recipe:

* 3 large whole eggs
* 3 servings Original Egg Beaters (1/4 cup per serving)
* 85g green peppers
* 50g portobello mushrooms
* 2oz ham
* 31g onion
* 1/2 cup spinach
* 1 piece Mini Babybel Light Original cheese
* 1tbspn sriracha sauce
* 1tbspn extra virgin olive oil
* Herbs/spices of choice (sodium free): garlic powder, paprika, chili powder, oregano, ground pepper.

1. Preheat your oven to 350F degrees.

2. While the oven is heating up, chop up all of your veggies in small pieces. Make sure they’re all mostly the same size so that they cook evenly. And chop up the ham as well.

3. Once chopped, heat a non-stick skillet until hot. **DO NOT SAUTEE THE SPINACH. IT WILL BE ADDED AT THE END** Sautee the ham first until the sides slightly brown and curl. Add the veggies and the olive oil and sautee until veggies are soft. Don’t overcook them! Lower the temperature to med-low if you need to. Sprinkle a little bit of garlic powder over your stirfry.

4. As your veggies are sauteeing, crack the eggs into a separate bowl, add the egg beaters. Whisk until well blended. Stir in the sriracha sauce and any herbs/spices you want. A few dashed of each will suffice. Don’t overdo it.

5. Grab a 8x8 pan or a pie pan. Coat the bottom and sides with cooking spray. Don’t overdo it.

6. Set the ham/veggies aside and let them cool down for about 2min. Then pour them into the oven pan. Next, pour the egg mixture over top of the veggies. Mix well to evenly distribute the egg mixture and veggies. Next, sprinkle the spinach on top. Then grate the cheese on top of everything. Sprinkle any final herbs/spices.

7. Once your oven is ready, place the pan inside and cook for 25-35minutes. The sides should start getting slightly browned. That’s when it’s pretty much ready.

8. After it’s done cooking, take it out of the oven and let it cool down for 5 minutes before cutting. Cut into 1/2 and enjoy!

Of course, you can substitute ingredients to your liking. I am going to try it on Friday when the new refrigerator comes in.
And guess what?

There are 2 servings in this 8x8 pan. 250 calories each. Which means, if you're so hungry you could eat a horse, you can eat the ENTIRE PAN and not feel bad!

Replies

• Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    Bump. :)
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    I LOVE recipes like this. I totally have days (OFTEN!) where I just want to eat a whole pan of anything. lol Thx! Sounds delish.
  • TazzytheMotivator
    TazzytheMotivator Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I LOVE recipes like this. I totally have days (OFTEN!) where I just want to eat a whole pan of anything. lol Thx! Sounds delish.

So very proud of you! Excellent weight loss.
  • TazzytheMotivator
    TazzytheMotivator Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Here's the recipe:

* 3 large whole eggs
    * 3 servings Original Egg Beaters (1/4 cup per serving)
    * 85g green peppers
    * 50g portobello mushrooms
    * 2oz ham
    * 31g onion
    * 1/2 cup spinach
    * 1 piece Mini Babybel Light Original cheese
    * 1tbspn sriracha sauce
    * 1tbspn extra virgin olive oil
    * Herbs/spices of choice (sodium free): garlic powder, paprika, chili powder, oregano, ground pepper.

1. Preheat your oven to 350F degrees.

2. While the oven is heating up, chop up all of your veggies in small pieces. Make sure they’re all mostly the same size so that they cook evenly. And chop up the ham as well.

3. Once chopped, heat a non-stick skillet until hot. **DO NOT SAUTEE THE SPINACH. IT WILL BE ADDED AT THE END** Sautee the ham first until the sides slightly brown and curl. Add the veggies and the olive oil and sautee until veggies are soft. Don’t overcook them! Lower the temperature to med-low if you need to. Sprinkle a little bit of garlic powder over your stirfry.

4. As your veggies are sauteeing, crack the eggs into a separate bowl, add the egg beaters. Whisk until well blended. Stir in the sriracha sauce and any herbs/spices you want. A few dashed of each will suffice. Don’t overdo it.

5. Grab a 8x8 pan or a pie pan. Coat the bottom and sides with cooking spray. Don’t overdo it.

6. Set the ham/veggies aside and let them cool down for about 2min. Then pour them into the oven pan. Next, pour the egg mixture over top of the veggies. Mix well to evenly distribute the egg mixture and veggies. Next, sprinkle the spinach on top. Then grate the cheese on top of everything. Sprinkle any final herbs/spices.

7. Once your oven is ready, place the pan inside and cook for 25-35minutes. The sides should start getting slightly browned. That’s when it’s pretty much ready.

8. After it’s done cooking, take it out of the oven and let it cool down for 5 minutes before cutting. Cut into 1/2 and enjoy!

Of course, you can substitute ingredients to your liking. I am going to try it on Friday when the new refrigerator comes in.
    And guess what?

There are 2 servings in this 8x8 pan. 250 calories each. Which means, if you're so hungry you could eat a horse, you can eat the ENTIRE PAN and not feel bad!

I appreciate you taking the time to share the recipe. I wish you well on your weight loss.
  • statia152
    statia152 Posts: 558
    Options
    yum, gonna try tomorrow!
  • PhiMuHoney
    PhiMuHoney Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • kellybones
    kellybones Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    bump