Serving size

Options
RayanaL
RayanaL Posts: 38 Member
For the recipes you make yourself is it possible to make it where you can put if it’s a cup or how many grams . Instead of guessing how many serving sizes it is . Just wondering because I’m not just cooking for myself so that’s why the guessing the serving size wouldn’t work because they get how much they want .

Replies

• puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    When cooking and using the recipe builder, I weigh the final container empty before cooking (if there is one for something like pasta, soup, etc.) and then weigh it with the final meal and subtract to get the number of grams for the food. I enter the total number of grams as the number of servings. I then weigh my portion and the number of grams for my portion is the number of servings in my diary.

Example from last night's dinner:
    I made vegetable lo mein. In the end it was all put together in one large pan.

Pan empty = 1500 grams
    Pan with meal = 3431 grams
    3431-1500 = 1931 grams food

Recipe # servings = 1931
    diary entry = 231 servings = 259 calories
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Weigh the final product after cooking. Set that weight as the number of servings. For instance, if the batch weighs 562 grams, you could set it to 562 servings and then the serving size is 1 gram. If someone takes 102 grams of the food they would log 102 servings and should get the right info.
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    You can set the total "servings" to whatever units you want - total cups or grams is fine (just remember which you used or specify in the title)

eg 3lpsygb2qob0.png

(eta: total batch was 3960 g, I usually serve ~250-350g or 2.5-3.5 "servings")
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,389 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    I usually build a meal while cooking. And while cooking I decide for how many days I'm cooking. So I might end up with a dish consisting of 2300kcal. That would be for 4 days. So I put approximately two times 1/4 of this in two lock and locks for the freezer, eat 1/4 and keep the remaining 1/4 for the next day. I then log this as 0.25 each day I eat it. This way I don't need to know how many cups, grams or whatever a serving is. Ok. one day might be 0.23 of the total, the next a bit more. But the total calories are still the same.