Calorie Decrease

Options
LauraSrock18
LauraSrock18 Posts: 125 Member
edited January 2019 in Health and Weight Loss
Hey guys! My name is Laura! I am trying to lose the last 15lbs to my goal weight! I am currently 180.4 goal weight is 165lbs!

I lost 5 lbs within 3 weeks of starting to calorie count again after the holidays ( could have very well been sodium) but ever since December 18th I have been stuck at 180.8! I was set to eat 1,795 calories and then I would eat some exercise calories if necessary. I even did a two day Refeed and lose .4 bringing me down to 180.4! I’ve been exercising consistently burning on average 300-400 calories. I initially thought I was just at a plateau but it’s been close to a month so I’m wondering if 1,795 is too many calories? I reset my goal settings to lose at 1.5lbs per week & now its suggesting 1,550! I will eat exercise calories if I’m still hungry but just wondering if anyone has had similar experiences? & If I’m just being impatient? It just seems to be weird to be stuck at the same weight for close to a month! Thanks!

Replies

• MichelleSilverleaf
    MichelleSilverleaf Posts: 2,028 Member
    Options
    Set your goal to 0.5lb/week and be patient. 15lbs is not going to come off quickly.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    Set your goal to 0.5lb/week and be patient. 15lbs is not going to come off quickly.

that.
  • amy19355
    amy19355 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Panini911 wrote: »
    agree with the above.

but i also woudnl't start with lowering calories if i did something, I would start with really really really double checking my logging. do you use a scale on everything? are you double checking the entries? (I found i was mislogging proteins for a year! it didn't matter til i was at the last vanity pounds though).

All of this ^

Logging errors happen when using eyes to portion food. Get a scale if you don’t already have one. It’s a life changer .
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I would just drop calories by 100.

Whether it is logging errors or eating at maintenance, either way you need to eat a bit less in order to get the scale moving.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    As a woman a whole month might be better than "close to a month" to allow for fluctuations but agree with jemhh, no need to overthink things, if you aren't losing make a small adjustment - you can manually set your calorie goal to fine tune things rather than the course adjustment of changing the pounds per week setting.