Can anyone recommend a decent HRM that's not too expensive a

Options
I'm fed up with inaccurate calories burned calculations after i exercise and figured the only way round this is to get a HRM but i have no idea where to start. I had a quick look on Amazon there and the prices range from £5 to over £150. Anyone got a recommendation? Obviously the cheaper the better but i do want a decent one that will be accurate. Thanks.

Replies

• BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    BUMP!
  • immz35
    immz35 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    i need to get myself a HRM too, whats the best brand to buy?
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    Get you a polar. Inexpensive ones tend to break often. I got my polar over 2 yrs ago and it's been great. I just went out of warranty but for 10$ extra I got a replacement warranty for an additonal year. You can find really good deals on Ebay or Craigslist or on Sale.
  • jeff261159
    jeff261159 Posts: 385
    Options
    I just bought a polar f7 from eBay for £41 it's great and is a good motivator as you watch the calories loss number go up as you exercise.
  • SlimSadieG
    SlimSadieG Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    having read lots of similar post like this, I have decided that when I am back off my holiday in a couple of weeks, I'm going to invest in a Polar FT4 off Amazon. I can't remember how much exactly, but around 40 quid...

It's had so many positive reviews, as has the Polar FT7, but is a much more reasonable price than the FT7. And so far, the only real difference I've seen between the two is that with the FT7, you can download your workouts on to the computer.

but, I can live without that as I would be logging it on here instead!

Hope that helps.
  • susanloveszumba
    Options
    I just ordered a polar ft7 off of Amazon for $78 total. The ft4 is a little cheaper and i hear it is good too. I didnt want to spend a lot either, but i knew i would be aggravated to pay for something and it not work well or at all.
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    I bought my Polar FT4 from Argos for £70 but I've heard since it's cheaper online in amazon/ebay etc. It's a good HRM and seems accurate to me. Also, it's really easy to set up with all the info, height, weight etc.
  • SlimSadieG
    SlimSadieG Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I just bought a polar f7 from eBay for £41 it's great and is a good motivator as you watch the calories loss number go up as you exercise.

Although, if I can find a deal like this, I may well be persuaded to get an FT7!
  • Evy79
    Evy79 Posts: 30
    Options
    bump
  • hemlock2010
    hemlock2010 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I'm happy with my Polar FT4. Not fancy, but it has everything I need.
  • kyleskrinak
    kyleskrinak Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I've always been happy with Polar; I've used them for over 10 years. They have an HRM now that has bluetooth so I can record my heart stats on my RunKeeper app during my runs.
  • lpeacock06
    lpeacock06 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Is just the watch ok.....or do I need the chest strap one also? ?
  • andtian
    andtian Posts: 47
    Options
    Like everyone said before, Polar is the best. Got mine about 2months ago, and the calorie burn is way different than on here for my body etc. I got mine also on Amazon, but the German site for about £53. So it does help to shop a bit if you don't want to spend too much money.
  • nic81081
    nic81081 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Thanks folks. That's a big help :)