Just out of curiosity ...

Options
Would you ever eat food off of a food truck? If not, why not? I consider myself to be a bit of a foodie, and next year when my kids are in school full-time, I'd like to make some significant strides in owning my own food business. Food trucks are all the rage in some parts of the country, but not so much where I live in Orlando.

My idea would be mediterranean-themed, made up of primarily Italian and Greek items. There would be healthy options, as well as some decadent dishes.

If you were out at a festival or a fair, is this the kind of food you would want to eat?

different types of bruschetta
caprese salad
Greek salad
gyro
chicken slider with spinach and feta
chicken parm slider
panini
an assortment of baked pasta options

There would also be dessert options.

Thanks for your feedback!

Replies

• angelicdisgrace
    angelicdisgrace Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    I would be afraid of eating anything associated with fish product off a truck. Especially where I live. It is usually over 100degrees and there have been many cases of food poisoning associated with fish products. Now pasta, po-boys, and tacos are something else. Good luck with your venture!!
  • Shamrock40
    Shamrock40 Posts: 264
    Options
    Thanks. I was considering a shrimp dish a little further down the line, but fresh seafood is a bit of a hassle to find around here anyway.
  • WilliamsPeggy
    WilliamsPeggy Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Yes. My husband & I would both eat there. He likes gyros, & I'd like the chicken spinach feta slider. We're actually going to a big flea market today in Memphis, TN & I'm already guessing my family's all going to have to eat corn dogs (Pronto Pups) for lunch because that's almost all they have to offer besides funnel cakes & lemonade. Good luck.
  • 2kidzlater
    2kidzlater Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a great idea. Always welcome healthy food options.
  • thebunnies
    thebunnies Posts: 168
    Options
    your ideas sound YUMMY! food trucks are convenient, to me. it would be awesome to fnd a pretty healthy food-truck. I'm from the NY area, so food trucks are everywhere.. but not so healthy. I'm actually moving down to FL in two weeks.. if there are no food trucks, you should definitely bring the idea to the area!
  • Scorpiomom222
    Scorpiomom222 Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    Mmmmmmmm! GYROS!!! WHY did you have to do that to me this early in the morning? lol
  • Shamrock40
    Options
    Thank you for the feedback! I appreciate it!
  • Mom2rh
    Mom2rh Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    In our area there are tons of Mexican food trucks...and I've eaten at several.

There is also a lady who makes cupcakes...I'm not sure what else she sells but I know she posts her location for the day and the type of cupcakes on Facebook. She has quite a following. Although I've only heard about her.
  • carissaxoxo
    carissaxoxo Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I would definetley eat all of that lol. I love that kind of food. Just pick nice locations to be in.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    You might want to consider some vegetarian options other than salad. But yes, I would defnitely eat the kind of food you describe..
  • thegymbunny
    thegymbunny Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I'm also a foodie

So I'd be there with bells on!!!
  • Shamrock40
    Options
    Thank you for taking the time to give me some feedback. I appreciate it! I would probably try my hand at some vegetarian options beyond salad, possibly a veg pasta dish.
  • laurielie
    laurielie Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    sounds like good choices to me........I was eating "mediterranean" food all my life. Did'nt have a choice if I wanted to eat :) good luck with your food truck......(in ny they are called coffee trucks) and I know someone that had one years back & they made "TONS" of $$$$$..............oh, maybe some "BAKLAVA" when ever I make that people LOVE IT ;-)))) & don't forget...shish-kabob! YUM....
  • Manda3183
    Manda3183 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Food trucks have been popping up pretty regularly lately where I live, within the last year or so. Mostly Mexican. I haven't eaten at them much, primarily because I am trying to keep track of what I eat - if the nutritional information isn't readily available to me then I am less likely to try it!

Love Greek food, and haven't seen a truck like that around here. Which is surprising because there is a lot of Greek heritage where I live. Anyways, good luck to you, and be sure to provide the nutritional information for your customers! :-)
  • ohnuts14
    ohnuts14 Posts: 197
    Options
    Personally I love food trucks, and I really enjoy mediterranean food, as many people do, so I'm sure it'd do great! I just don't know what the demand is where you live, but definitely post some facebook polls or something like that!
  • amy_p
    amy_p Posts: 82
    Options
    You know what else would be amazing? If you listed calorie counts and nutrition information right on the truck!

I don't eat anywhere that I can't get that information, and I would probably give you a hug if I saw that you had it available!
  • Livingdeadgirl44
    Livingdeadgirl44 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    In London there are quite a few food trucks selling salads and pasta, I used to eat from them all the time at lunch :)

I would love to see something similar at the festivals I go to, I guess salad isn't very rock and roll but sometimes I get to the end of the weekend craving real vegetables lol.