Anyone lost weight doing only C25K?

I'm beginning it tomorrow & need some push to keep myself motivated.
Please share your success stories.
Thank you.

Replies

• neugebauer52
    neugebauer52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    I have heard that C2O is excellent - not so sure about C25K....
  • TimeToReduceFat
    TimeToReduceFat Posts: 127 Member
    I have heard that C2O is excellent - not so sure about C25K....

What is C2O? C25K is couch to 5K running programme.
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    i put on the weight while still running 5x a week so it's more about calorie deficit.

sometimes when doing new exercise you are more motivated to eat "better" but you can also end up eating more as you are hungrier from the added exercise.
  • dramaqueen45
    dramaqueen45 Posts: 1,009 Member
    I agree with all of the replies here- it's more about your calories. If you are not in a deficit you won't lose, simple as that. You may think that you are eating the same amount but adding the exercise which puts you in that deficit, which technically is true but the exercise will make you hungrier, cause you to rationalize eating more, etc. It's just best to count those calories and be very conservative on eating back your exercise calories. Also, the C25K program is designed to give you rest days in between and only go 3 days per week so if you're not exercising at all the other days and you're not counting calories you can easily just maintain or even gain weight.
  • ecmorgan101
    ecmorgan101 Posts: 24 Member
    I did couch 2 5K. It was odd, at the end of eight weeks, I was STILL 275 lbs and running 30 minutes or more several days per week.

It did take an adjustment in what I ate - eliminating fast food and such - before the weight came off.

However, there were improvements in other areas. I did feel better and more energetic on C25K. I am told I looked better and the shape of my body did change. All good things.
  • cokefloat1
    cokefloat1 Posts: 86 Member
    Just about to complete week 1, haven’t eaten out in 3 weeks and kept an eye on cals (1500 a day) and have lost 3lbs this week. Also played tennis during the week too for 90mins
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Bear in mind that, for me at ~200 lbs, a 5 k run is about 400 calories burned. So, if that is part of your deficit, great. But if you are not tracking what you eat it's pretty easy to eat 400 calories.
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,257 Member
    I did. I tracked my food and stayed in a deficit, but c25k helped me to have a little more wiggle room. It also got me into running. I love it. Just remember to run as slow as you need to. There's no extra points or stars for going too fast. You'll just get frustrated and burn out.
  • shunggie
    shunggie Posts: 1,036 Member
    I have been tracking calories for several months and have lost 35 pounds. I have done the first two days of C25K and am going to incorporate it into my walk routine. I walk 4 or 5 days a week now, my plan is to do 3 of those walks as C25k training days. I'm pretty sure I'll have to do week 1/2 several times before I can really do it comfortably and move on to the next week. I'm looking forward to it. I like doing longer distances, so I will probably do those on non training days. I want to be able to run 4 miles in an hour, which is very slow but as I always say I'm only racing against myself.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    I'm beginning it tomorrow & need some push to keep myself motivated.
    Please share your success stories.
    Thank you.

Your diet is going to have far more impact on your weight loss than the exercise you do. C25K is how I got back into fitness. It doesn't burn a ton of calories, but will give you a little wiggle room as that goes. It's a great program if you're wanting to get into fitness, particularly if you want to be a runner.

Exercise in and of itself doesn't default to losing weight. I exercise 5-6 days per week and I have lost weight, maintained weight, and gained weight doing that.
  • kshadows
    kshadows Posts: 1,315 Member
    Calorie deficit is what will make you lose weight. C25K = burning more calories.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!