Too little calories?

Options
Diglett22
Diglett22 Posts: 1 Member
edited January 2019 in Health and Weight Loss
So on Monday I started eating healthier (getting 14 of my '5 a day's sometimes!!) and it's going well so far. I haven't really craved junk food and whilst having salad for lunch was difficult to start with I'm actually quite enjoying my lunches now 🙂 My calorie goal on here is 1200 and I have been quite good at getting close to this - Tuesday (1258) and Wednesday (1306) but Monday and today have been under at 826 and 930... The reason that this happened on Monday was because I didn't have time to eat lunch and when I did get to it it didn't seem very appealing and then something happened to upset me so I wasn't that interested in my dinner/tea... As for today, I'm not really sure... I ate my breakfast and lunch and just a quarter or so less of the dinner/tea that I planned as I wasn't hungry enough to eat it all. I shouldn't force myself to finish a whole meal if I'm not hungry should I...? 🤔

Here's are the things that I've been eating -
Breakfast:
2 boiled eggs and a yogurt drink
2 boiled eggs, a yogurt drink and half a banana
An apple and a yogurt drink

Lunch:
2 eggs or half a tin of tuna with salad items like cucumber, plum tomatoes, yellow pepper, sweetcorn, pickled onions and beetroot with fruit, fromage frais and sometimes a cheese string

Dinner/tea:
Chicken tikka curry, mashed cauliflower, asparagus, broccoli, carrots and sweetcorn
Quorn chicken and vegetable stir fry
Chilli con carne, cauliflower rice, asparagus, broccoli and sweetcorn

Replies

• Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    height and how much weight do you have to loose? did MFP say to eat 1200? what rate of lose did you select?

do you use a food scale?

and yes you SHOULD force yourself to eat 1200. if you are having trouble getting there eat more calorie dense foods so you eat less quantity but hit your goal. 1200 is the SMALLEST amount a short woman should eat to get required daily nutrients.

maybe you are not hungry because your menu is pretty bland and is heavily egg based?

also, you don't have to eat boring "healthy" stuff to lose weight. i lost 100lbs twice and more curently 40lbs eating chocolate daily and no salads (because i hate salads).
  • Teabythesea_
    Teabythesea_ Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    You didn't get to the point of needing to lose weight by being full on less than 1200 calories, so if you're having a hard time eating to that then opt for more calorie dense foods. You have half a banana and half a can of tuna in there, why not eat the whole thing? You also have mashed cauliflower and cauliflower rice, both if which are high volume low calorie foods. You could easily meet your calorie goal by having actual mashed potatoes or real rice. You can also add calories by using a creamy dressing. You really should not be eating less than 1200 calories.