Scheduling to kick *kitten*

I find my schedule a little more busy these days (don't get me started on the month of Dec.)
I'm using an old school daily planner to help focus on priorities.
I'm hoping to workout first thing in the morning as there's less interruption.
What do you guys do to make the most of your day and make sure you get your workout in?

Replies

• spygirl2014
    spygirl2014 Posts: 53 Member
    I wear a Fitbit and try to get my steps in, sometimes this means walking 10 minutes at a time, 5 times a day if necessary
  • PatriciaP67
    PatriciaP67 Posts: 24 Member
    I give myself a personal challenge the night before. For examole, tonight while washing dishes , "Hey, Babe, tomorrow I bet you can kick *kitten* with two miles on the treadmill and the dirty 30. Proud of you for today's workout! ". I count my steps and give myself motivational, positive 'ata boys' throughout the day.
  • RunnerGrl1982
    RunnerGrl1982 Posts: 412 Member
    I simply do my workout in the morning on certain days, first thing when I get up, before getting ready for the day, etc... I run 5 days a week. For me, it's a routine that's just ingrained into my schedule and I don't have to think twice about it anymore.

It's all about personal preference and what works best for you to optimize the time in your day. So if you say there are less interruptions in your morning hours, then perhaps that is best for you! Best of luck!
  • Boomshakalaka01
    Boomshakalaka01 Posts: 65 Member
    Thank you everyone for your responses! It's helpful to get other's perspectives. Wearing a fitbit, giving myself positive reinforcement & considering not forcing myself to workout every single morning are great suggestions. It should definitely lessen some of the challenges of working out. Thanks again!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    I get up at 3:45 to make sure I'm at the gym by 4:30...
  • Boomshakalaka01
    Boomshakalaka01 Posts: 65 Member
    Awesome! Not sure I can get up that early but I can try!