Favorite easy chicken breast recipe

Options
no1racefan1
no1racefan1 Posts: 277 Member
I have thawed boneless skinless chicken breasts for dinner tonight. What's your favorite go-to, relatively easy chicken dish?

Replies

• HJCusick
    HJCusick Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Sprinkle lemon pepper and some garlic, then bake! Easy!
  • kerriphillips91
    kerriphillips91 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    What to have with the chicken , just veggies ?
  • PHOTOCHAP
    PHOTOCHAP Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Might not be enough time for you (depending which side of the world you are) but I'm heavily into marinading chicken breasts for a couple of hours or overnight for extra tasty chicken breast. My favorite is virgin olive oil and lemon with a bazillion spices thrown in to really give it the Asian flavours, but you can create so many marinades you're sure to find some that suit you.
    Just mix all your ingredients and pour into a ziplock food bag and put it the fridge - even an hour makes the difference. You can then simply pop your chicken in a fry pan and cook - so delish! Serve with lentils or a bean mix.
  • COGypsy
    COGypsy Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Sprinkle with whatever spices/seasonings sound good, 8 minutes in air fryer and dump a bag of microwaved frozen sauced veggies on top--takes about 10 minutes and has minimal clean up!
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    Olive oil, salt, pepper and something else like lemon and rosemary or red chile. Roast it in the oven.
  • rcervetto
    rcervetto Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    My easy go-to is olive oil, salt, pepper and herbs de provence, bake in the oven at 400 for ~40 minutes (depending on size of chicken breast).

Last night I had that with roasted baby red potatoes (olive oil, salt, pepper, rosemary) and roasted broccoli (olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic, onion powder). Easy to prep and pop in while the chicken is cooking.
  • Sparlingo
    Sparlingo Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Shredded Chicken with Kale and Lentils .

I freaking love this recipe. Pro-tip: add garlic when cooking the onions. Add some Nando's hot sauce to it for some kick.
  • dechowj
    dechowj Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    put the chicken breast in a baking dish, cover with a small jar of pesto sauce, bake. 5 minutes before it is done add shredded mozzarella cheese to the top to melt. serve with rice.
  • CowboySar
    CowboySar Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Mix chopped onion, garlic, chili powder, smoked paprika in olive oil and apple cider vinegar. Make this to taste as everyone is different. Angle slice the chicken breasts but not all the way through. Marinate chicken for atleast 1 hr, but 2 is better. Grill them 5 minutes a side to get grill marks. Wrap in tinfoil and cook 10 mins aside.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    My favorite "walk away" recipe just involves spreading cream cheese on the breasts, topping with salsa and baking. It's better than it has any right to be. ;)
    Chicken piccata is super easy; we have that pretty frequently. I use Giada DiiLaurentis' recipe.
    If I'm grilling, I like a nice key lime marinade with soy sauce, honey, lime juice and garlic.

Aaannd, now I want some chicken.
  • breefoshee
    breefoshee Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Honey, minced garlic and soy sauce! I let it marinate for like an hour... sprinkle some salt and pepper and grill it. It's amazingly flavorful with like zero effort. Some people have suggested swapping soy sauce for liquid aminos, if you don't like the idea of seasoning with soy sauce... but I haven't tried it.
  • shandrewsca
    shandrewsca Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    This is my recipe from my Facebook group (That Low Carb Life) for really moist chicken breast - delicious on its own, or top with cheese:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10217429690765292&set=gm.2022742627748446&type=3&theater&ifg=1
  • dauchsmom
    dauchsmom Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I have thawed boneless skinless chicken breasts for dinner tonight. What's your favorite go-to, relatively easy chicken dish?

Mine may seem rather odd but...

I take them from frozen, put about 1/4 of a cup of unsalted chicken broth, some frozen stew veggies into the pot, set it on manual for 3 minutes and test to see if more time is needed (sizes of breasts vary. After its cooked to temp and the veggies are done (not spongy) I take it out, add a little balsamic vinegar and a tsp of cornstarch and stir to thicken in the pot. Easy chicken stew. Season as you desire.

I've only done this twice, on both occasions I was stuck home alone.
  • lin_be
    lin_be Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Salt, pepper, paprika. Olive oil and fry on the stove.
  • lilithsrose
    lilithsrose Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Marinate them in italian dressing, then put them in a baking pan, cover with foil and bake until the chicken reaches 165 degrees. Goes great with roasted broccoli and cauliflower.

Tomorrow, I'm going to be testing out a recipe I found where you top the chicken with pesto and Parmesan cheese, then bake. Sounds simple enough.
  • breefoshee
    breefoshee Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    rhaiin wrote: »
    Marinate them in italian dressing, then put them in a baking pan, cover with foil and bake until the chicken reaches 165 degrees. Goes great with roasted broccoli and cauliflower.

Tomorrow, I'm going to be testing out a recipe I found where you top the chicken with pesto and Parmesan cheese, then bake. Sounds simple enough.

Oh man! I forgot about this recipe. It was the very first way I learned to make chicken-- I didn't know how else to do it for years! I'll have to try it again.
  • mgookin
    mgookin Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I like turning chicken into chilli.
    1lb chicken shredded, 4 cans beans, 2tsp oregano, 2tsp cumin, 1.5tap cayenne, 3 garlic, 1 onion, 4oz green chilies, and some chicken broth. Just enough to cover the chicken and beans, usually about 24-36oz.

Serve with sour cream, squeeze of lime, and some avocado.

I am not a huge meat eater, I usually have meat in meats as just a flavor.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,605 Member
    Options
    Roll your own Vietnamese summer rolls where the diners do the work instead of the cook.

I supply Vietnamese rice paper, hot or tepid water for softening the paper, a main filler that’s half grated carrot and chopped cooked bean or rice vermicelli, SE Asian herbs such as coriander, mint and basil. Poach some chicken breasts and slice thinly against the grain. You also need a dipping sauce such as this one where the cook does the work instead.
    https://sallysbakingaddiction.com/homemade-fresh-summer-rolls-with-easy-peanut-dipping-sauce/