How to avoid food temptation?

Options
This weekend is gonna be hard for me as my family are having a movie night and I know there’s gonna be chocolate, plus we haven’t been out for a meal in a while or get a takeaway so we were going to. Usually I would let myself just cheat but the other day I had a binge. I’m trying to recover from it and I need to eat healthy, but how can I when my family are eating food that I’ve wanted for a long Time? I know I’ll feel better if i stick to my plan

Replies

• mgookin
    mgookin Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Just enjoy it in moderation. Maybe enjoy a piece of chocolate but skip the take out.

I've learned that if I tell myself no, or restrict/ make items off limits then it leads to bingeing. So i tell myself " yes enjoy that take out (usually stir fry for me) but skip the rice" Etc.
  • lin_be
    lin_be Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Prelog your weekend so you have a plan. That way you can have everything in moderation that you want. Instead of fries, choose a veg. Instead of a full burger, eat half with the bun and then the other half without the bun. Have a slice of pizza or two and a salad! There’s little things you can do to enjoy your day with the family and stay within your calorie goal. Go for a walk after the movie also.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    you need to learn how to manage your calories and life simultaneously.

how you do that, has many possibilities. getting in an extra workout or two, eating less earlier in the day, eating before you go so youre not hungry, eating at maintenance, or simply being over.

i lost all my weight with normal activities and eating out.
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,221 Member
    Options
    Try to burn some more calories and eat it. I walked an hour and a half today and ate the chocolate covered shortbreads that I was craving. If you have a nice place to walk it's a win-win.
  • RunnerGrl1982
    RunnerGrl1982 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I pre-log what I'm planning to have. Sometimes it helps to see the calories and realize that I can make them fit. Sometimes seeing the calories tells me it's really not worth it.

+1 I do the same thing.
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,052 Member
    Options
    I don’t understand the woo’s. There’s good advice on this thread.