Today I overate and didn't work out...

Options
And I don't care lol.. I've lost 14 pounds so far and realize one day will not break me. Tomorrow I'm back on track and take it as trial and error. Do you ever have days like this? How does it make you feel? Please share.. Thank you.

Replies

• Crafty_camper123
    Crafty_camper123 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    At least once a week (lately anyway), LOL. I just get back on plan the next day. If I find I am doing it more often then not (causing my weekly average to be at or above maintenance), I take a step back to figure out why. Then I address it, fix the problem, and get back on track. I love your posative attitude. We all stumble and fall along this journey. They key is to pick ourselves back up and move on.
  • mgookin
    mgookin Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    On days like this I just skip eating back exercise calories for a few days and most of the time it balances itself out at the end of the week. I dont stress about it.
  • lalalacroix
    lalalacroix Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    I imagine that most of us have a day like this sometimes. I don't get worried unless it becomes several days in a row or if I stop logging. I do like to have understanding as to why I exceeded. Is it hormonal, an I emotional eating, is it due to a fun family day, etc.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    i was far over what my calories for yesterday says i was.

zero 'fox' given.

life happens. and dmv issues happen. and then the grocery store happens. and then.... yeah. all the food.

LOL
  • Deviette
    Deviette Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I get days like that. Last month I have a 2039 calorie surplus that stares at me on my spreadsheet (in it's big red letters, ugh). However, I don't focus on it. Because that's normally just about one week's deficit for me (maybe even less). So it'll only put back my efforts by one week. That's really not a lot in the grand scheme of things.

So yeah, I get over it.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    This was me yesterday... I really didn't need that extra spoonful pecan butter but it was sooo good
  • Dilvish
    Dilvish Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Cheat days should be considered treat days and are necessary in my opinion. As long as it's not a frequent thing, it's actually a good thing as long as you go back to your regular healthy habits.

Don't believe me? Check out Dwayne 'The Rock" Johnson's cheat, or rather treat, day! https://mensjournal.com/health-fitness/dwayne-rock-johnsons-cheat-day-meal-it-might-kill-mortal-man/
  • hoosierlad
    hoosierlad Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    yea yea, I hate it when that happens ! I really need to get to 6 days on and 1 off eating to lose weight. I'm pretty consistent with working out and actually had to rethink my routines as I was wearing myself out...I"m old LOL. However, 2019 started off somewhat shaky, and I don't know why...pushing to get back on track.
  • Totorntoodles
    Totorntoodles Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    i was far over what my calories for yesterday says i was.

zero 'fox' given.

life happens. and dmv issues happen. and then the grocery store happens. and then.... yeah. all the food.

LOL

Yes now that I think about it, I had traffic court that day, 3 hours past my normal workout time I no longer felt like it and the stress caused me to not care lol
  • IsETHome
    IsETHome Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    And I don't care lol.. I've lost 14 pounds so far and realize one day will not break me. Tomorrow I'm back on track and take it as trial and error. Do you ever have days like this? How does it make you feel? Please share.. Thank you.

How do you define overeat I had grading to do, mobility low, ate 124 more cals than I should have and didn’t work out. I was logging, tracking and made a choice, it wasn’t bad food just a little over. How many calories is overeating
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    So did i...