Looking to start up a weight loss group

Options

Replies

• bootlegger
    Options
    I would like to join as well. I am also a yo'yoer.
    Today: 125.6
    Goal by May 115
    I am definately a binger. I did really well this week then binged on Friday and Saturday. On Thursday I was 123.2 now today 125.6 :sad:
    How do others cope with a HUGE, GIGANTIC sweet tooth???? I LOVE chocolate and when it comes to chocolate I have absolutely NO will power at alL!!
  • Tailea
    Tailea Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join in, too!

I lost 70lbs in 2006 and gained most of it back in 2008. I binge at night BADLY and I have depression and emotionally eat regularly. I'm getting married on May 23rd so this group would be really helpful for me!

CW: 180.8
    GW: I have no idea...way less than 180.8 I hope!
  • rintin88
    rintin88 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    also joining in late! I'm going on vacation at the end of may so this is perfect timing!
    current weight: 144lbs
    goal by May 15th: 125lbs
  • WantToBeMoreActive
    Options
    Hi all,

I'm a day late with my check in. :blushing:

I lost one pound this week and now weigh 162 :bigsmile:

Good luck to everyone this week :wink:
  • bootlegger
    Options
    Ok, I am the first to check in this morning.
    Beginning: 125.6
    Last week: 125.6
    Today 124.6

I lost one pound! However,I was 124.6 on the 17th so I haven't lost anything since Tuesday and I worked out everyday! That is kinda disappointing :ohwell:
  • gemfrire
    gemfrire Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Checking in...
    Down only .6 and am kinda bummed. This is the first time in 8 weeks that I have lost less than a lb. I know it is still a loss...so I know you will say that. But it is a let down. But I also know that we ate differently this week...too many servings of pasta, potatoes or rice. So I am back to once a week on those trigger foods.

Last Week 214.2
    This week 213.6

Have a great Saturday and a super week!
    Alice
  • Jackie_W
    Jackie_W Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Last week: 211lbs
    This week: 209.4lbs

No biggy, but hey, a loss never the less :drinker:
  • riveraphx
    riveraphx Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Checking in:

Last Week: 130.0
    Today: 127.8

This week was good, but I have a feeling that next week will be a challenge, especially since I have been losing weight so quickly. I am gonna have to make a point to be extra strict with my diet to stay on point. Congratulations on everyone's success. Just keep looking forward to May 15th!

21249.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Online Calorie Counter
  • coliechacer
    Options
    Hi my name is Nicole and i definitely seen a support group too!!! Well I have a 4 month old son and while i was pregnant i gained 78 pounds ugh. I joined this website about 3 weeks ago. When i had my son i weighed 215 and i now weigh 166. Good luck to everyone i will be checking in every sat with you guys

Feb 21, 2009 Weigh 166lbs

Goal for May 15, 2009 it to lose 25lbs That would make me 141 omgosh i cant wait i hope i can do it
  • coliechacer
    Options
    I hope its not to late to join in?

My long term goal is 130 i forgot to mention that.
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    I weight between 152 and 155. My weight keeps fluctuating.
    Short term goal is 145 by April.
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    Ughhh, my weigh in is 147.4, up 2.4 lbs. This rollercoaster ride is making me nautious! :sick:
  • sanifrey
    sanifrey Posts: 2,355 Member
    Options
    Good morning!! So sorry that I'm late!! My Saturday was just super busy!! But, I did make a second ticker for just this challenge!!

Keep up the great work everyone!! :drinker:

Last week - 175
    This week - 173
    Goal - 160
  • zoepane
    zoepane Posts: 209
    Options
    Hi my name is Zoe, hope its not too late to join
    today 354 #'s

Have been on MFP, have only lost about 5 pounds, seems like I'm on a roller coaster, and cant get off

About 8 years ago, I lost 120 #'s, with Weight Watchers, I gained it back in less than a year, I had alot of stress I was working through, and I dont think WW really taught me portion controls...

So a weekly weigh in would be great for me

So does this group have a name??????

My goal is to be at 200 #'s in a year
  • gemfrire
    Options
    Never too late to join...welcome all. No name yet though. Unless I missed it?
    I like the idea of a second ticker for our May 15th goal..so here i go to figure out how to do that!
  • rintin88
    rintin88 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Checking in! (I weigh in on sundays)
    Last week: 144.4
    This week: 143.5
    Almost a full pound:happy:
    Hopefully I won't gain anything this week, I'm starting midterms which usually equals a lot of caffeine and stress. We should def come up with a name for the group so it's easier to find! good luck to everyone this week!
  • mydalia
    Options
    K I'll join this too-

Even tho I'm starting late... I'm trying to build muscle...When I first signed up I could only do a pretty bad looking push up...now I can do 9-10 :) My main goal is 10 Pull Ups!!

My Weight:
    I started @ 130
    Today I am at 126. something
    My immediate goal is 120.
    Summer goal is 115.

I'm gyming it up manyana, good luck ladies <3
  • sanifrey
    sanifrey Posts: 2,355 Member
    Options
    I like the idea of a second ticker for our May 15th goal..so here i go to figure out how to do that!

Just create another one (tickerfactory.com has alot of choices) & cut & paste it into your SIGNATURE at your SETTINGS tab. Just be sure not to lose your MFP ticker!! :bigsmile:
  • ritapickern
    Options
    I would like to join!
    2/21: 141
    My goal ultimate goal is 120. I think this is appropriate to aim for as my May 15th goal...
    Good luck to you all! See you next Saturday! (I'll just look for "looking to start up a weight loss group - week 4"?)
  • gemfrire
    Options

Just create another one (tickerfactory.com has alot of choices) & cut & paste it into your SIGNATURE at your SETTINGS tab. Just be sure not to lose your MFP ticker!! :bigsmile:

Thanks...I did it with your help! Now I can track my progress until my cruise!