My journey to lose 100lbs

Options
Hello everyone! My name is Avinash and I’m currently on my journey to lose 100lbs. A brief history about me is that I graduated high school in 2004 and in those years I was very active in weight training, cardio and ROTC and was even enlisting in the United States Marines and weighed 155lbs with less than 12% body fat. It all changed when I was in a bad car accident which over the years lead to my weight gain to one point I was 299lbs. I started back at the gym and went down to 240lbs but gain back 38lbs when my son was born with cancer making life stressful. I’m back at the gym and trying to be as healthy and learning a lot along this journey and my goal is to lose roughly 100lbs. I started the gym in December 2018 and prior to that I did a lot of running. My weight at the end of the summer was 277lbs and currently I’m at 251lbs. I hope to find all the help I need in this community to help me achieve my goals and to be able to inspire and help others and pay it forward in any way possible. The photos below will show you me at 278lbs and the rest were taken at the end of December and the beginning of this week in January. Thank you all in advance for your support! You can follow me on Instagram for more post as well wickedcl9_avie

27ln78ftvv7n.jpeg
vjeyntxzy2fe.jpeg
ejnx2sjkko7q.jpeg

Replies

• tbduarte1
    tbduarte1 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Im looking to lose 150 pounds, feel free to add me and we can encourage eachother
  • FitBeardedJourney
    FitBeardedJourney Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    You're killing it! keep it up and feel free to add me! lets get you to that 100 lb weight loss!
  • AvinashDB
    AvinashDB Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    tbduarte1 wrote: »
    Im looking to lose 150 pounds, feel free to add me and we can encourage eachother

Anything to help each other out. I’ve been doing so much research and countless hours of videos learning so many different options so any questions don’t hesitate and if I don’t have the answer we’ll help each other out. A great tool I use is the Full Fitness app which helps me target specific muscles in my body to get a full body workout. I’ve been going to the gym every other day and also use a few products to help with my workouts such as a pre workout and multivitamins and a BCAA.
  • AvinashDB
    Options
    You're killing it! keep it up and feel free to add me! lets get you to that 100 lb weight loss!

Thanks bro! I added you and I appreciate all the help and motivation! I will hit my goal this year!
  • anl90
    anl90 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    Keep up the amazing work! I am looking to lose around 100 as well. We can do this! Feel free to add me if you would like another friend. :)
  • AvinashDB
    Options
    anl90 wrote: »
    Keep up the amazing work! I am looking to lose around 100 as well. We can do this! Feel free to add me if you would like another friend. :)

That’s great. We can do this. The hardest part was taking that initiative to make the change!
  • __Chanda__
    __Chanda__ Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Wow! You're off to an amazing start. Keep it up! I've been on Keto since 12-26-18 and have lost 17.6 pounds so far. I'd love to lose another 40. You're welcome to add me if you'd like. I know you can hit your goal.
  • CaptainWarne
    CaptainWarne Posts: 4 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    FANTASTIC MATE! You have inspired me to get going and take action. My goal is to lose 80 pounds. If you can do it ..so can i. I would like to join you on your journey. please add me if you like.
    DW
  • AvinashDB
    Options
    I love everyone’s background that you’ve all shared and trust me we can do it and we’ll do it together! My goal is to lose about 80 more pounds or so and I’ll share anything that I can to help you so add me and ask me any question because I’m not shy to answer it!
  • Fitsusan21
    Fitsusan21 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hey man, do you best! You can do this