frustrated

Options
Hi. I am new here, but not new to dieting. I am 5'3" and weigh 200lb. I had made a good start with eating well and tracking my food/exercise. Not really losing anything, but feeling better physically and metally.

I am the primary caregiver of my mother. She has been in the hospital off and on for the last month, so my efforts have taken a back seat. Staying at the hospital with her has not been conducive to good eating/tracking habits. I'm sure it will get better, but I sure am frustrated right now.

Replies

• s_craft
    Options
    Hi. I am new here, but not new to dieting. I am 5'3" and weigh 200lb. I had made a good start with eating well and tracking my food/exercise. Not really losing anything, but feeling better physically and metally.

I am the primary caregiver of my mother. She has been in the hospital off and on for the last month, so my efforts have taken a back seat. Staying at the hospital with her has not been conducive to good eating/tracking habits. I'm sure it will get better, but I sure am frustrated right now.
  • pegm
    pegm Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Being a primary caregiver is a huge responsibility. Your mother is very fortunate to have you :) It's hard when you want to do what is best for someone else, but also want to put yourself first. Your health is very important to being able to give care for your mother. Keep doing what you are doing... eating right and exercising when ever you can, it will pay off in the end. Don't lose faith! My prayers are with you and your mother.
  • ricksnaustin
    ricksnaustin Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Just remember. It's okay to carve out a little time for yourself. An hour a day. I know, easier said than done. But it can be done. Get a friends or a family member to help once in a while. If you are a member of a church, ask for help as well. You need that time alone and being able to exercise will will reduce the stress that can rise from being a caregiver.
  • s_craft
    Options
    I have finally gotten myself back on track. Mother has been moved to a rehab center, so I am not staying with her 24/7. I've been walking and doing Denise Austin's daily dozen and have been eating better. One night this week it was so late when I left the hospital that I ended up eating fast food, but still was able to stay within my daily calories. That made me feel better. Maybe I haven't messed up as bad as I thought I had. I'm still afraid to step on those scales tomorrow, though.