My scale must be broken!

Options
Hey there!
Okay so I was just on here last week whining about my diet (I eat like crap). I have been so faithful with my exercising; haven't missed a day. And that makes me feel great! So now I'm just venting.......I'm thinking my scales are broken because I've only lost 2 pounds since August 1! (LOL) Okay, I'm done now.
RR

Replies

• TMcBooty
    TMcBooty Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    could be that you "eat like crap"

:)
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    You can't out exercise a bad diet.. Cut the crap, eat more fruits/veggies/lean protein and drink more water.. Eventually it will start moving like its supposed to.
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    could be that you "eat like crap"

:)

Seriously.
  • smashleymcgee
    smashleymcgee Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    1. Be thankful that you are losing weight.

2. Weight loss is a slow process, and it is going to take more than just a few weeks for you to really make a difference. Try to switch up what you eat and your workouts. If you "eat like crap" then most likely you aren't going to lose weight.
  • gdm2006
    gdm2006 Posts: 4
    Options
    LOL! I have been there, dear. Stick with it! It helps to look down and scream LIAR!!! Don't know why, but it does!!! ROFL
  • gdm2006
    gdm2006 Posts: 4
    Options
    OOPS!
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    This post is for you, Scale In The Hallway At Work,

What's your problem? We were getting along so well for so long. Now it's like you hate me. You just keep showing me the same numbers. I still eat as well as I ever did. I've been working out harder and harder. But you just won't budge will you?

So I had a few beers over the weekend. What's it to you? Certainly it wasn't enough to justify that awful number you showed me this morning. Honestly that was just rude. I thought after a weekend full of salad and exercise you and I would be back to where we were before.

What's wrong baby? Is it me? Are some of your digital workings not right?

I hope we can get past this and get back to a wonderful relationship. Otherwise I'm tearing you in half.

Sincerely,
    The Guy Who Stands On You and Curses
  • 46and2
    46and2 Posts: 167
    Options
    I vote running it over a couple times.
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately weight loss is 80% diet and only 20% exercise. Me personally...I can't eat ice cream at all even with lower calories because no matter what it goes straight to my hips. So, you must curtail the diet to see some real progress.
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    I would highly recommend opening up your diary. Keeps you honest, and it helps us help you! :-)
  • Riebop
    Riebop Posts: 275
    Options
    Honestly, I'd be thrilled if I lost 2 pounds since August 1st. Unfortunately, the less you have to lose the slower the pounds come off... The body is really quite evil. Diet is a huge factor. You can't exercise off all the junk food. Ween yourself off the crap. Every week, replace one junk food item and replace it with a healthy choice.