Just a friendly FYI

Options
-37 here in the great North, -47 with the wind chill. Nice and cozy in the igloo though ❄️

Replies

• yukfoo
    yukfoo Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Yikes!!!
  • lalalacroix
    lalalacroix Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    We are at a balmy 36 here in Denver. But the snow is still coming down heavily. Very beautiful.
  • lin_be
    lin_be Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Got my workout in today ahead of the snow storm in Chicago. This weekend will be interesting!
  • bishopjulia
    bishopjulia Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I don’t really live in an igloo lol, I hail from Northern Saskatchewan.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    -37 here in the great North, -47 with the wind chill. Nice and cozy in the igloo though ❄️

C or F :)

(for those who don't get it, at that temp it really doesn't matter, but -40C = -40F)
  • bishopjulia
    bishopjulia Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    All I can say is that it’s really really really cold, like don’t want to get stuck out side kinda cold lest you want to be Walt Disney
  • FL_Hiker
    FL_Hiker Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    All I can say is that it’s really really really cold, like don’t want to get stuck out side kinda cold lest you want to be Walt Disney

High of 73F over here today in Disney world 🙂
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    62 in Dallas with expected highs for the next two days not to exceed 30....
  • anl90
    anl90 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    It is a scorching 29F here in MI. This weekend is calling for it to be a high of in the teens. Fun stuff...
  • yukfoo
    yukfoo Posts: 871 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options

really?
  • Howard_M_Burgerz
    Howard_M_Burgerz Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I'm so sensitive to the cold. I can't even stand to look at the snow-globe in the outer office without a sweater!
  • garystrickland357
    garystrickland357 Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    I don't care what they say - there's no such thing as clothes that will get me out to run in that kind of cold...
  • Jbley75
    Jbley75 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Sofa... Blanket.. 70... TV... Cozy 😁
  • steadygirl06
    steadygirl06 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    We've been sitting between 100 - 108 in my part of the world for most of the last few weeks 😝
  • steadygirl06
    steadygirl06 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    A few hours away from us has been getting over 120F!
  • quirk0710
    quirk0710 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    And I thought it gets hot in Louisiana?
  • prdcndn
    prdcndn Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    You have no idea how cold it is here in Alberta right now! Lol
  • Jrodasff
    Jrodasff Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    It was in the mid 60s F today in Southern California and we were freezing.
  • peppermintcaroline
    peppermintcaroline Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    We will get to about 6° F tomorrow here. With windchill around -25° F. Not sure if I will go running in it or not. (I am well adjusted to the cold. I work outside most days, and will dress in layers.)
  • youngmomtaz
    youngmomtaz Posts: 1,075 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options

And it continues! We battled the Manitoba temps today by inviting friends over for coffee and cinnamon buns(fresh baked) this morning, and my husband took us up in the plane where it was only -18C(warmer by 15 degrees at that altitude) for a ride over the frozen landscape this afternoon. Forecast for tomorrow is -12C. Dog will finally get a good hike, chickens will get to play outside, and I will clean the garbage out of the car. It is amazing what outside work piles up even when I dress for the weather.