Fitbit help?

Hello I am new here. I synced my Fitbit and it tracked some of my steps but not all. I was wondering if anyone knew how I could fit this? It says I have 7k when I have 13k in steps. Thank you in advance!

Replies

• manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Are you saying that the 7k is showing on the dashboard but you have 13k on the device? If so try syncing again later.

Or are you saying the device is showing 7k but you know you have done 13k because you have counted them some other way? In which case I am not sure why that would be. I have found my Fitbit Charge 3 to be fairly accurate when counting steps. :/
  • Krystalx3xfit
    Krystalx3xfit Posts: 29 Member
    My Fitbit says 13k and my mfp says 7k and I have tried sycning and it didn’t work.
  • CarolPre
    CarolPre Posts: 1,842 Member
    I believe there's a problem, again, with MFP and Fitbit syncing. I'm sure they're working on it. It seems they always are.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Fitbit only sends over new data when the daily burn goes up by 100 over the last sync.

5K steps should easily cause that increase - so probably a matter of waiting. Fitbit sent it.

Most people with the slightest glitch do what MFP says not to do - removing sync and setting it up again - just causing more backlog of transactions pending because of whatever issue first started the backlog.
    Then it's a bad cascade effect getting worse and worse.
    At some point pretty sure they just toss all the pending after a day rolls over in attempt to help.
  • manderson27
    I might be being a bit thick here but where on MFP does it show you your steps?
  • Jbley75
    Jbley75 Posts: 42 Member
    I guess there is just a problem...
    Feel free to add me (fitbit jebl75)
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member

I can see my Fitbit steps in the "Reports" section. There is a drop-down menu to see different reports and I can choose that one (on the desktop version of MFP).
  • manderson27

I can see my Fitbit steps in the "Reports" section. There is a drop-down menu to see different reports and I can choose that one (on the desktop version of MFP).

Well what do you know. You learn something new on here every day. Thanks @janejellyroll . I admit I don't go to reports often so hadnt noticed this. :)