Tell me something i havent already heard about weight loss!

Options
abbeydupuis98
abbeydupuis98 Posts: 1 Member
edited January 2019 in Getting Started
Lets hear it!

Replies

• French_Peasant
    French_Peasant Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    Walking.
    Riding your bike.
    Running.
    Calisthenics.
    Jumping rope.
    Swimming.
    Crossfit boot camp.
    Elliptical.
    Rowing machine.
    Skiing.
    Skating.
    Climbing trees.
    Digging a hole.
    Shoveling snow.
    Chopping wood.
    Playing sports.

Just make sure, as advised above, that you are eating at a deficit.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I’m a 20 year old female who just recently discovered a love for the gym and all things cardio, but i’m in major need of some good fat burning workouts- ae. tummy, arms, back!

Exercise in and of itself doesn't burn fat, and you can't spot reduce fat from certain areas with specific exercises. You burn fat when you're in a calorie (energy) deficit. You need a certain number of calories to maintain weight and this is dependent on your stats and activity level. You consume calories (energy) in excess of what your body requires, you store fat...body fat is just stored energy...it's like a backup generator. When you consume less energy than your body requires, that difference needs to be reconciled...so your backup generator kicks on and you burn stored energy (body fat).
  • MichelleSilverleaf
    MichelleSilverleaf Posts: 2,028 Member
    Options
    Lets hear it!

Well that was an interesting change...
  • lin_be
    lin_be Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Wait what?
  • French_Peasant
    Options
    Lets hear it!

Well that was an interesting change...

It most certainly was. Based on the original post, and in response to the drastically edited post, I would also have to add that you can't target specific areas for fat-burning, like arms and the other body parts referenced. It's going to come off where it's going to come off. Now you know, and knowing is half the battle.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    What happened here? So confused.
  • MichelleSilverleaf
    MichelleSilverleaf Posts: 2,028 Member
    Options
    What happened here? So confused.

Feels a little passive-aggressive, honestly.
  • French_Peasant
    Options
    Since they have only made one post, maybe they are just really confused by the system.
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Since they have only made one post, maybe they are just really confused by the system.

IDK why it was edited but it's fun to list obscure stuff about weight loss.
  • magnusthenerd
    magnusthenerd Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    Does it need to be something true? If not, there's a lot one could make up, like insulin fairies.
  • shrinkingletters
    shrinkingletters Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    How about this one? With lifting heavy, I'm loving my body more at 189.6 pounds (as of this morning) than I ever did at 150.

Sorry for the impromptu stalk but YOU LOOK AMAZING at 189.6
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,484 Member
    Options
    For some, (hmm, hmm, naming no names here, h) alcahol tolerance can drop with weight loss.

Cheers, h.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    For some, (hmm, hmm, naming no names here, h) alcahol tolerance can drop with weight loss.

Cheers, h.

Are ya drinkin' right now? :wink:

OP, there are all sorts of weird things that get posted about weight loss. For the most part, you have to ask yourself if it actually makes sense. Does it make sense that this single magical substance (ACV, Garcinia Cambogia, green tea pills) is the miracle cure for burning fat? If it were, would obesity rates be rising?