PARTY GIRL QUESTION!!!!!!!!

Options
Serious question....

The nights I am going to the bar and drinking....then leaving at 3am to go to the Waffle House.

When I am logging those items, would you log those on the day before or the next day. I really haven't went to sleep yet so I usually log it the day before but I want to make sure I shouldn't be logging it for the next day.

Thanks...

Replies

• rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I'd say pick a 24-hour period (3 a.m.-3 a.m. or midnight to midnight) and log accordingly.
  • NotGoddess
    NotGoddess Posts: 1,198 Member
    Options
    Not a party girl, but I'll often be up til 1-2am. I log everything before I go to bed as that previous day. If I wake up in the night or really early then it goes on the next. Bedtime is the cutoff for me.
  • army_cobra
    army_cobra Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Doesnt matter when you log it in. Either way it is going to kill you on loosing weight
  • murf19
    murf19 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I'd say as long as your consistant on your 24 hour period, it doesn't matter if its 12 -12 or 4 am to 4am
  • Dtho5159
    Dtho5159 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Doesnt matter when you log it in. Either way it is going to kill you on loosing weight

This!
  • army_cobra
    Options
    Trust me i love to go out and drink with my friends. When i cut though i only go out once a month if that and i really dont even drink that much. Cheating on your diet will just lead to more cheating and it wont get you anywhere
  • fdgetter
    Options
    The real serious question is, are you serious about changing your lifestyle? Drinking and Waffle House doesn't sound like it. Do the math, calories in and calories out, you have to run a deficit of 500 calories a day to lose ONE POUND a WEEK.
  • morganhccstudent724
    morganhccstudent724 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options

Thanks for your feedback on when to log this "treat*

56 pounds and counting....If I need help LOSING weight...I'll find you...

Thanks again...
  • Schwiggity
    Schwiggity Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    The real serious question is, are you serious about changing your lifestyle? Drinking and Waffle House doesn't sound like it. Do the math, calories in and calories out, you have to run a deficit of 500 calories a day to lose ONE POUND a WEEK.

Yeah, and the definition of changing your life means you adjust, not eliminate.

To the OP: I usually count it as periods between sleep. If I go to bed at 11pm or 5am, that's when my day ends logging-wise.
  • Schwiggity
    Schwiggity Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    In this thread: People who apparently never leave the house after Jeopardy.
  • chelseajillian5
    Options

i mean dang, no need to be mean about it! jeezzzz...
  • futurefitgirl88
    Options
    I still go out a lot... but I just do not drink anymore (unless its my birthday or something). People nag me to drink and all. But trust me... having momentary fun is not more important than my *kitten* fitting skinny jeans!!

I like to eat my calories, rather than drink em......I avoid juices, non-diet sodas etc (I know diet soda is bad, but gimme a break!! i still lost 30 pounds by drinking it almost everyday :P)

If I AM drinking..I only drink cranberry vodcas (170 cals/per drink).... or cokezero vodcas (100 cals/drink)...and I make sure I do not eat dinner........then I can have like 3-4 drinks and get hammered!! in that way I save on money and calories!!! How smart am I!
  • morganhccstudent724
    morganhccstudent724 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    I still go out a lot... but I just do not drink anymore (unless its my birthday or something). People nag me to drink and all. But trust me... having momentary fun is not more important than my *kitten* fitting skinny jeans!!

I like to eat my calories, rather than drink em......I avoid juices, non-diet sodas etc (I know diet soda is bad, but gimme a break!! i still lost 30 pounds by drinking it almost everyday :P)

If I AM drinking..I only drink cranberry vodcas (170 cals/per drink).... or cokezero vodcas (100 cals/drink)...and I make sure I do not eat dinner........then I can have like 3-4 drinks and get hammered!! in that way I save on money and calories!!! How smart am I!

Diet Coke and Vodka = my favorite...but don't tell anyone. then they'll be a whole debate on the diet soda theory....
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

Thanks for your feedback on when to log this "treat*

56 pounds and counting....If I need help LOSING weight...I'll find you...

Thanks again...

I've noticed on this site a lot of people who think their way is the only way. Take the advice with a grain of salt. Clearly, what you're doing is working. You're young. You're allowed to have some fun.

I don't really drink much at all because, to me, it isn't worth the calories. But I had ice cream last Thursday because it is worth the calories to me. You just cut back somewhere else.

Losing weight and living healthy isn't about giving up fun and things you enjoy. It's about balance and working them into your plan, which you have done.

Great job on the loss!
  • army_cobra
    Options
    Im not being mean or saying my way is the only way im just putting it out there that it dont matter when you log it just cause all the soda, vodka, and then junk food will kill either day on your diet. I love to go out like i said before but i drink beer so my carbs sky rocket, that is why i cut back on my time in the bars. If your diet works for you and your life style then by all means keep doing what your doing. I was just putting my 2 Cents out there
  • sweetsapphire85
    Options
    I make sure I do not eat dinner........then I can have like 3-4 drinks and get hammered!! in that way I save on money and calories!!! How smart am I!

Haha, I so do this too!
  • theprettyone1010
    theprettyone1010 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Ignore mean comments.

I count a "day" as when I wake up to when I sleep, even if that's more than a 24 hour cycle. But it doesn't matter too much. When you look at your "weekly summary" on the MFP app, the calories are averaged out by week. So you can be higher in calories one day and lower on the next, it'll average out.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    i had this same problem on saturday/sunday morning...ate a pot of rice at 3 in the morning! eek well i logged it as a snack for sunday morning.
  • meliturtlee
    Options

Usually I just leave wiggle room for drinking too. You can't live in a hole your whole life! What's the point of looking better and living a healthier life if your going to spend most of your life indoors because you can't handle it. OP Keep doing your thing!
  • Des92
    Des92 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I go out A LOT as well (just today I noticed Vodka made it onto the first page of my most frequent foods, lol). I usually leave calories for the drinks, and the snacks after, on the day before. I have a 24-hour Denny's right by my place so I totally understand! If I end up eating/drinking more than expected, I'll put it on the next day and be sure to be extra good/get in an extra workout that day :)

Also, don't worry about people telling you this is not allowed!! You CAN have these treats. It's all about moderation. I plan on going out no more than once a week this year, but since I'm a University student, I don't think it would be realistic to stop drinking completely. And I've lost 20 lbs so far. Good luck and congrats on your loss so far!! :)