I want to drink more water but...

Options
Hello, I just started my weight loss journey on here and well I want to drink more water but my tap water tastes weird now (my city has changed where they get their water from) and although I know I can drink bottled water I feel strongly towards not using plastic water bottles as they are harmful to the environment...not sure what to do

Replies

• flan32
    flan32 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hey have you tried boiling the water and putting it in fridge? I have done this with some places I have lived or even adding a lemon or berries to your bottle and your set for the day
  • larisabee
    larisabee Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried boiling but I will give it a try! I want to stay from putting fruit or anything in my water for now but thank you for your suggestions :)
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    yes. a Brit filter pitcher you can buy at the grocery store or at target/walmart. You can filter it in that.. and I love when I go to spas when they put sliced fruit or cucumbers to slightly flavor the water. .it makes it refreshing to drink. water will be amazing in speeding up your weight loss.
  • BumbyDog
    BumbyDog Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Maybe a stupid question but, apart from satisfying ‘false hunger’, how does drinking water help weight loss?
  • Silent_Soliloquy
    Silent_Soliloquy Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    If you want to remove VOCs or Chlorine, sure boil it (or just let it sit out)

But Depending what you are filtering... carbonate, nitrates etc ... boiling will INCREASE the concentration of a lot of toxins.

A Brita filter is a good choice if you change it frequently. An RO filter is more affordable than you might think, and perfect for this application.
  • Silent_Soliloquy
    Silent_Soliloquy Posts: 237 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    BumbyDog wrote: »
    Maybe a stupid question but, apart from satisfying ‘false hunger’, how does drinking water help weight loss?

Just that... satisfies the empty feeling. Lots of people on here will claim otherwise. Often the same people who go on juice cleanses to detox their aura.

Pure number kn the scale; it dilutes your sodium and electrolytes... so you'll retain slightly less water if you had an excess in the first place...

But Fat leaves the body through the lungs. You can't flush it out with water. Long chains of carbon break off and mix with o2 to form co2... that is how fat leaves the body... one molecule at a time.
  • larisabee
    larisabee Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have a brita filter that I change regularly, but maybe it's time I change the type of filter I have.

Also, I do wish to drink more water to satisfy 'false hunger' now that I'm eating fewer calories and now learning how to make my meals to adjust sometimes I still feel hungry even when I eaten all I should for the day

Thank you all!