Logging activity

Options
Hey all
I work full time as an LMSW mostly behind a desk. With that in mind I put my activity at the lowest setting.
However, I waitress 1-2 days a week as well for 8 hours each shift.

I have been logging the calories burned walking shown in my Samsung health step calculator those days (roughly 200-300 cal).
My target calories right now are set at 1200... which is super low. I try to eat the full 1200 (more when I exercise to avoid going below 1200 with the deficit) to avoid unhealthy weightloss/under eating/slowing my mrtabolism.
I am concerned that I am under reporting activity because waitressing is far from just walking on a busy night.

How should I reflect waitressing 1-2x per week with consistent busy time for at least 4-5 hours of my shift at 131 lbs 5'1 35 years old?
Thanks

Replies

• middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Options
    Looks like your Samsung should be accounting for the extra energy expenditure, waitressing, by giving you extra cals for steps.

I take it, from your numbers, you have your deficit at 1lbs a week, if you start losing more than this, and your steps are not giving you enough cals back, switch your activity level to the next one up (light activity?).

As an FYI, just so you won’t be surprised when it happens.
    I started at the same stats as you, but older, and my loss decreased as I got lighter. By the time I was 120 my loss was 0.5 lbs a week.
    It’s just a case of the less weight you have to move, the less calories you need to do it.

Cheers, h.

You may want to ask to have this moved out of the debate section and into the general forum to get more replies.
  • Preciousmetal143
    Preciousmetal143 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks