Does anyone else put their protein powder in their cereal?

If i mix it well enough i dont mind the chunks. Plus its chocolatey and it feels like im eating a super bowl lol. Saves on disbes too.

Replies

• Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    My son does this with his oatmeal... it looks like a clumpy mess but he likes it.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,935 Member
    Couldn't you mix it with the milk first (or water) and get the clumps out then put it on the cereal?
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    I used to do it at one point but I found it made my cereal bitter which I wasn't a huge fan of (since I use plain unflavoured). Now I just put it in one of my coffees of the day and it works better for me.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    My kids do it with oatmeal.
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    I've done it with oats. Whey will usually mix in well if you have enough warm liquid. Other types of protein powder don't mix as well IME.
  • admaarie
    admaarie Posts: 4,297 Member
    I don’t use protein power but once in a while I’ll use a protein shake (premier protein or muscle milk) as milk for cereal
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    MokhtarB wrote: »
    If i mix it well enough i dont mind the chunks. Plus its chocolatey and it feels like im eating a super bowl lol. Saves on disbes too.

I just eat protein enriched cereal.
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    I'll sprinkle it on just about anything. I don't mind any clumps either.

• Keto_Vampire
    Keto_Vampire Posts: 1,670 Member
    edited January 2019
    Back in the day, I would prefer mixing yogurt in my cereal (vs. protein powder or even milk).
    Can make a really good texture/keep things crunchy by not saturating the cereal with liquids (put cereal on top of yogurt vs. yogurt on top of cereal).

Caveman mode of just eating out of the yogurt container, adding cereal as necessary (no mess but not such a great idea if sharing food with others)
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    I mix my protein powder with milk and then put the cereal in the shaker - no clumps of protein powder and no dishes at all!
    Vanilla flavoured protein with granola or muesli are my favourites.