Paleo questions

Options
For thos that follow the paleo way of eating....do you tend to go over your fat content? I tried to do my first day today. It wasnt the best day...since I have just started, but I did go over my fat content.

Replies

• sandislim
    sandislim Posts: 264
    Options
    I changed my protein/carbs/fat ratios to 40,30,30 to reflect my paleo diet. You can do this by going into your goals and adjusting them manually. I don't go over my fats any more but I still find it difficult to get the protein in. I'm not too worried at the minute as my blood sugars are responding quite well and hopefull weight loss will follow.
  • JohnGym
    JohnGym Posts: 34
    Options
    Yes. You should eat a lot more fat too.

Go to http://cavemanforum.com/ for the best advice on Paleo.
  • CavewomanCoby
    CavewomanCoby Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Yes, definitely adjust your ratios :)
  • Zeromilediet
    Zeromilediet Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I have fat set to 50% with protein at 30% and carbs at 20%. This works for me and most days have trouble meeting all levels-- except today when I pigged out :-)
  • FabCheeky
    FabCheeky Posts: 311
    Options
    I have my macros set to 50% fat, 30 % protein and 20% carb. Truthfully, I need a little more fat and a little less protein. (My protein ideal is 105g, but 113g is the closest that the macro could be set for without going under.) SO, I usually go over with fat and a little under on protein. Either way, I don't sweat it as long as my carbs stay under.
  • blondie_rae
    blondie_rae Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Fat is a good thing now... as long as you are getting good healthy fats, don't sweat going over on that. Definitely make some adjustments to your settings so that you can be shooting for higher protein and fat numbers but really everything I've read says that living paleo isn't about calories in - calories out... so ideally we wouldn't really even need to track (I still do too though) It is about eating the right kinds of foods. It takes a while to break those old standard american diet habits that were pounded into your head for years and years. I'm going into my 4th week officially living paleo and I only just began to embrace that fat is not my enemy... my body needs fat to live this way. Fat is fuel now.