Couch 2 5k Support Group (8/22-10/30)

Options
Let me start off by saying thank you to everyone that has taken this step to start this 9 week journey with me. Here we can post our progress and support each other, together we will make it through this 9 weeks and be stronger at the end.

Here are the guidelines:
- Weigh ins will not be until the last week.
- After you complete the 3rd day of the week you will need to get a stopwatch and time yourself to see how long you can run
without stopping, I need and exact time not an estimate.
- You will train 3 days a week:
Monday, Wednesday, Friday
Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday
Wednesday, Friday, Sunday
- Pick a day combination that works for you, you can change it every week but I encourage you to not do 2 day in a row.
- Run outside unless you (medically) can not do so. This makes the training more effective.

Good Luck to all of you!!

**** please check spreadsheet to make sure there are no errors
https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AsyrZkjgb5FodDc4Y2VDcjgzeVlnMlhncHY3TW12aEE&hl=en_US

Replies

• SkeletonSong
    Options
    I'm nervous/excited/terrified. This will be my first time running in months!
  • 3ricaAnn
    3ricaAnn Posts: 288
    Options
    I'm nervous/excited/terrified. This will be my first time running in months!

ME TOO! I have been jogging for a few weeks but not consistantly.
  • bourgeoisk
    bourgeoisk Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm about to start Week 3 of C25K and would love to follow along, but I do have to ask one question. Why do we have to time ourselves to see how long we can run? That's adding a day to the program, and I do other crosstraining on those days. Can I take part in the challenge and not do the timed running?

Thanks!
    Kristin
  • harrietlg
    harrietlg Posts: 239
    Options
    I just did my first run... it ended up with me power walking after 5 runs... I'm seriously out of shape!
  • cshapiro926
    Options
    I'd like to participate ... I have started the c25k 3 weeks ago - I am currently on Week 3 day 3 (this is my next day to do)... I do run inside though due to gym and time and the way my workouts are formulated.. would I still be able to participate?
  • leilaphoenix
    leilaphoenix Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Can I join?

I started c25k a few weeks ago but had to break this week due to illness and minor twisted ankle so will be starting back on W3D1 next week. Also I have signed up for a 5k race on 30th Oct so this is ideal!

Leila x
  • Nhendrickson86
    Nhendrickson86 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I did Week 1/Day 1 this morning and, although it was not easy, I was able to finish the workout. I'm pretty excited about it, however my legs are feeling like Jello right about now. :laugh:

Looking forward to lots of progress on this program. Good luck everyone!
  • shydaisi
    shydaisi Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    I would love to join! I did week 1 last week and am planning to do W2D1 today. I will post tonight and let you know how it goes!
  • 3ricaAnn
    Options
    I'm about to start Week 3 of C25K and would love to follow along, but I do have to ask one question. Why do we have to time ourselves to see how long we can run? That's adding a day to the program, and I do other crosstraining on those days. Can I take part in the challenge and not do the timed running?

Thanks!
    Kristin

The point to timing yourself is so you can see your progress. To time you self get a stopwatch and start runninh, the first time you stop stop the stopwatch and that is the time i want. It wouldn't really add a day until the end when you are getting closer to being able to do 30 mins without stopping.
  • 3ricaAnn
    Options
    I would love to join! I did week 1 last week and am planning to do W2D1 today. I will post tonight and let you know how it goes!

send me your info and I will add you
  • 3ricaAnn
    Options
    I did Week 1/Day 1 this morning and, although it was not easy, I was able to finish the workout. I'm pretty excited about it, however my legs are feeling like Jello right about now. :laugh:

Looking forward to lots of progress on this program. Good luck everyone!

I also did day one today and was so glad when it was over! But I am excited about doing this.
  • wijac10
    wijac10 Posts: 47
    Options
    Im sooo excited!!!! I just hope the 2 weeks ill be on holidays won't screw it all up :)
  • 3ricaAnn
    Options
    Can I join?

I started c25k a few weeks ago but had to break this week due to illness and minor twisted ankle so will be starting back on W3D1 next week. Also I have signed up for a 5k race on 30th Oct so this is ideal!

Leila x

I am signing up for a 5k on Oct 29. You will have blanks for you r 9 weeks if you restart bc I want times every week. Send me a msg if you want to join
  • 3ricaAnn
    Options
    I'd like to participate ... I have started the c25k 3 weeks ago - I am currently on Week 3 day 3 (this is my next day to do)... I do run inside though due to gym and time and the way my workouts are formulated.. would I still be able to participate?

I perfer that you run outside because it using more energy and is more effective for this specific program.
  • 3ricaAnn
    Options
    Not to be mean or not include everybody but this group is for those who sent me their info last week or who is starting the program. I would like everyone to be on the same page and finish at the same time. Those of you who are already past week 1 if you want to start over and join you are welcome, but this is also to be done outside unless you medicaly can not do so. Good luck to everyone that is doing this program!
  • 3ricaAnn
    Options
    I just did my first run... it ended up with me power walking after 5 runs... I'm seriously out of shape!

Good job on your first day! Do not give up, that is the purpose of this program to build your stamina not jump right in it. I found my self dragging the last run and praying or it to be done already!
  • 3ricaAnn
    Options
    Im sooo excited!!!! I just hope the 2 weeks ill be on holidays won't screw it all up :)

Good luck!!
  • 3ricaAnn
    Options
    One more thing! If you weight has changed since you sent it to me please let me know so I can update! We will weigh in again at the ebd of the program.
  • 3ricaAnn
    Options
    For those that started today, how was your first day??? Great I hope!
  • mycrazyturtles
    Options
    We did a 40 min very fast walk/ jog, we did 2.6 miles. It was a good day. I was wore out when we got back.