19.1 lbs down ... and

Options
NO difference.. I mean NONE. clothes fit exactly the same, i LOOK exactly the same.. I just dont get it.. I weighed in yesterday morning, and literally cried for an hour because the scale says its gone... but if everything else is the same.. it obviously isn't gone.. such a devastating point in all of this. :0(

Sorry i know its a downer... but i have to get it out.. I am just beyond discouraged and upset.. I feel like all that work was for nothing. I dont plan on giving up, but i dont know what ill do if i don;t see even the slightest difference soon.....

Replies

• MrsBlackman
    Options
    It may just be that you have gained muscle! Don't let it get you down, you will start to notice soon! Don't lose motivation, keep up the GREAT work!
  • foremant86
    foremant86 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    did you take before pictures of yourself? did you measure yourself?

sorry but 19lbs down there has to be a difference
  • serhart
    serhart Posts: 27
    Options
    Muscle doesnt weigh any different than fat. I see a nutritionist and that is the first thing we discussed....

And yes i measure myself, each time i weigh in.. ( once a week) and no different anywhere...
  • getfitdiva
    getfitdiva Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    Take pics and measurements once a month on the same day (I usually choose the 5th of every month). You will see a difference. It's difficult to notice when you look at yourself everyday.
  • MrsBlackman
    Options
    I just looked at your profile and you have 96 lbs to lose right? It's not going to be an obvious change if you have a lot to lose. Also, how tall are you? The shorter you are, the more you have to lose to notice a difference.
  • serhart
    Options
    I do measurements once a week when i weigh in at the nutritionist/ dr office. ( i have to be seen once a week due to medical issues underlying a hx of non weight loss..

I started July 20th, so it is still fairly new, but 19 lbs is a significant number., and for nothing to be different is a huge step back....

and when i say nothing is different.. I MEAN nothing. Clothes fit EXACTLY the same, my engagement ring fits the same, bras fit the same, everything...
  • serhart
    Options
    I am 5'9 3/4, somewhere around but right under 5'10.. my starting weight was 258. I was at 239.8 at last weigh and other than the numbers on the scale it is no different.. At first i thought well maybe its her scale, so we tried 5, yes 5 LOL, different scales, all with the same result , give or take some ounces....

It know not to give up and im not.. i know it takes time, i intend to give it time.. I know this wont happen overnight.. I didnt gain it overnight.. i cant expect it to be gone over night...

i just hate being asked by friends if i am lying or cheating on my weigh-ins... My doctor keeps tellin me i will notice something soon... but i am losing my patience with "soon".. i walk, job, run or work out EVERY DAY.. i keep my calories under or at 1200. NO Sweets, the occasional soda (pop, depending on your location!), NO cookies, no cake, no ice cream. and i dont regret any of that... but i just dont see how there cant be even the SLIGHTEST difference...
  • MrsBlackman
    Options
    You poor thing, it must be disheartening! And it must p*ss you off when people think you are cheating! It's very strange! I hope you notice soon!!!
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry you're not noticing anything. But eventually, and soon, you definitely will!! Please keep at it, you're doing great so far!!
  • serhart
    Options
    It really does upset me.. I have NO reason to lie on here.. I have to log on each week at the drs to show them.. If i am not completely honest then amounts and types of medications could be REALLY messed up.. And i feel like maybe im just not trying hard enough...

i dunno.... I just hate those " are you sure... 19 lbs you should see SOMETHING"... yes thank you.. i know... :0(
  • yoghurtand
    yoghurtand Posts: 119
    Options
    If you are losing weight from all over, the change in your general size will be negligible. For example, if person A loses 20lbs all from her thighs, they will be many inches smaller when she measures them. If person B loses an even amount of fat from her entire body, she, although still being smaller and having lost the same amount of weight, will look more similar to how she began, e.g. she loses 1/8th of an inch from everywhere, which when factoring in inaccuracies when measuring, looks like she's lost no inches at all. You could also be losing fat in places you are not measuring, such as your feet or upper back, etc.

Your friends are being quite rude in my opinion. As long as you yourself know you are putting in the hard yards (and you must have done as 20lbs is nothing to sniff at), be proud of yourself and how far you've come already!
  • serhart
    Options
    I'm so sorry you're not noticing anything. But eventually, and soon, you definitely will!! Please keep at it, you're doing great so far!!

Thank you! i am not giving up.. I just wanted a slightly loose pair of jeans by now i guess... haha!
  • WhiteRaven
    WhiteRaven Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    19.1 lbs down is fantastic. It is a great accomplishment and you should be proud of it. Don't beat yourself up because you cannot see any results on the outside. Focus on how you feel on the inside. By now you must be feeling better, be able to make it up that flight of stairs a little less out of breath than the last time, your are making the choice to NOT take the cookie, and NOT take that slice of cake, those are all internal changes that are just as important as the physical changes.

This journey is both physical and mental. Don't get stuck on the physical you are making progress and it WILL show. Stay positive and look at the changes in you as well.

Cheers
    WR
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    I just looked at your profile and you have 96 lbs to lose right? It's not going to be an obvious change if you have a lot to lose. Also, how tall are you? The shorter you are, the more you have to lose to notice a difference.

Exactly!

I had 30 pounds to lose total and it took 15 pounds (HALF WAY!!!) for me to see a difference. With 96 pounds to lose, you are going to have to be more patient. I know it sucks and we want to be thin now, not in months from now, but we didn't get overweight in a few weeks so we can't lose it that fast either.
  • PearlMarie_3gen_11484
    Options
    Don't get discouraged. 19 pounds is 19 pounds. You'll start seeing a difference soon enough. I know for me at times it's hard for me to see a difference, because you see yourself every day. Give yourself time and keep doing your workouts. We are here to motivate and push each other. best of luck! :heart:
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    I just hit 19lbs too but I am 5'0 and no difference in my effing jeans!!! I want to wear jeans again but nothing! I hope that 5lbs from now (mid 162ish lbs) I am able to feel a difference in my old jeans. I haven't wore jeans in almost 2 YEARS!!!

My older clothes have started to fit but not as I would like. Here to keep losing! Don't give up!
  • serhart
    Options
    If you are losing weight from all over, the change in your general size will be negligible. For example, if person A loses 20lbs all from her thighs, they will be many inches smaller when she measures them. If person B loses an even amount of fat from her entire body, she, although still being smaller and having lost the same amount of weight, will look more similar to how she began, e.g. she loses 1/8th of an inch from everywhere, which when factoring in inaccuracies when measuring, looks like she's lost no inches at all. You could also be losing fat in places you are not measuring, such as your feet or upper back, etc.

Your friends are being quite rude in my opinion. As long as you yourself know you are putting in the hard yards (and you must have done as 20lbs is nothing to sniff at), be proud of yourself and how far you've come already!

and i completely agree... but there has been NO change in measurements at all.. They are all exactly .. i mean EXACTLY .. the same as they were on day one.

And to a point I agree my friends are being rude, i dont think they understand it.. They are all very in shape marathon runners who would have to search to find a lb of fat on themselves. So i dont think they really understand what i am going through. I am not defending them either.. But untill you have been in ALL of our situations.. you dont understand how really hard it is.. I mean i would LOVE to run the marathons with them... and ONE day I WILL!!! but it surely wont happen right away.. I have to work at it and tone up and shape up and train before i ever consider that...

but i do understand what you are saying... i am just baffled that there is nothing to show for it...
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    This is going to sound really weird but... do you measure around your boobs?
    that is the place i first lost from and have lost 13 cms from my boobs, about 10 from my (high) waist but pre much none anywhere else yet...

:)
  • Golfster1
    Golfster1 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Keep going, your body will show you someday when you least expect it. I have been in your shoes and all around me say it takes time, that is the last thing I wanted to hear. Then I would quit. You are strong and will not give up. Keep on going, you will see loser jeans soon!:smile:
  • serhart
    Options
    I have no intentions of giving up.. Its just flustering to see people lose 5 lbs and go down a dress size, and to have lost almost 20 and i cant even reward myself with a smaller pair of jeans.. :0( its just annoying..

I know i will see something.. and im not even super concerned about being skinny now, or in the immediate future.. I wouldnt even mind losing 20 lbs and only looking like i lost 5.. but i hate losing 19 and looking like i lost nothing,...

You all have very valid points, and i am eternally grateful for the kind words and encouragement!! Right now, i really need it..

as far as the measurements go.. once a week, days vary depending on dr availability.... we measure,
    arms
    thighs
    calves
    waits
    chest
    upper chest
    abdomen
    pelvic area
    and neck..
    (bra measurements are taken each time as well)

we cover most of the bases and still.. exact same measurements as day one.. im ready to rip apart her measuring tape... :0(