new, and wanna loose 100 pounds!

Options
So i had reached that point where you just simply "have enough"
260 now, want 100 pounds lighter, wanna fit in my old jeans who has been collecting dust for like 7 years,,,,, wow, wake up call you say???7 freaking years,,,,,, anyway, its time, and im gonna need all the suppiort i can find, as im food addicted, and wow, this have to be done, butwill be hard,,, but i think i have to think,,want hard abs? or hard to look at yourself??! so lets begin this journey, and oh, im starting Jillian Ripped in 30 days tonight,,, little scared,,,,, as i am a office person who basically never move,,,,,, i know im gonna sweat lots,,,,lol

Replies

• Shyloh1
    Shyloh1 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    So i had reached that point where you just simply "have enough"
    260 now, want 100 pounds lighter, wanna fit in my old jeans who has been collecting dust for like 7 years,,,,, wow, wake up call you say???7 freaking years,,,,,, anyway, its time, and im gonna need all the suppiort i can find, as im food addicted, and wow, this have to be done, butwill be hard,,, but i think i have to think,,want hard abs? or hard to look at yourself??! so lets begin this journey, and oh, im starting Jillian Ripped in 30 days tonight,,, little scared,,,,, as i am a office person who basically never move,,,,,, i know im gonna sweat lots,,,,lol

Welcome!

Good luck on your workouts,just stick with it! It'll get easier as you go a long!:wink:
  • brianblinn
    brianblinn Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    You can do it. There are many of us here to support you. Stay strong!
  • M77308
    M77308 Posts: 183
    Options
    Good luck on your journey!! I also have 100+ lbs to lose.. The journey will be hard, but it'll be so worth it in the end!
  • everyoung
    everyoung Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • CharlieBarleyMom
    CharlieBarleyMom Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    There will be sweat! There will be aching muscles. Don't work too hard to start if you haven't been very active. Just start making changes in your diet and maybe start walking to start getting your heart used to working at pumping that blood again.

Add me if you'd like. I've just started this journey (4 months ago) and I've lost 34 pounds thus far. I've still got 75 pounds to go... and it's great and wonderful!
  • rgsmi
    rgsmi Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Welcome, and congratulations on your decision to become healtier.

I find that this site and associated tool and most important the people here are invaluable to becoming healthier.

The connected phone app and database of foods is awesome--it makes it really easy to really enter everything you eat...and if you keep up on it, it starts to affect how you think about food. (I stopped "dieting" for about 2 months when I hit a plateau...but even then, my desire to binge was greatly reduced...because that little "under/over" calcluator was constantly there in my head.)

One other thing you will find here are a lot of NSV's (non-scale victories) which are invaluable for keeping the motivation going when the scale doesn't do what it should.

So welcome again, and I hope you enjoy your time here, and get the benefits you are looking for!
  • missbuterfly
    Options
    :smile: Hello
    April 13 of 2010 I weighed 240 and I had enough so I went for a walk around the block that day, and I never looked back! Started portion control, and eating healthy and 16 months later Im down 105 lbs. No pills just determination and hard work.
    I started in a size 20 now Im in size 2- 4 in fact I just bought shorts in the little girls dept size 14-16.
    Its possible and its sooooo very worth it. I have blood sweat and tears in this process (literally). Know that you are worth it, know that its possible, and know you are capable!
    And we are all here for ya!
  • findingfit23
    findingfit23 Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    You can do it!! Today is your day!!

Im an office person too, sitting here all day long, so I totally relate. Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • priceless97
    priceless97 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Ok so this is like CRAZY.. I don't even need to introduce myself because you've introduced me by introducing yourself! :-) I have RIPPED as well and I planned on starting it tomorrow morning! Are you going to follow the meal plan as well or will you just change your eating habits? I'd love for us to help each other because I do plan on sticking with the RIPPED program and doing some other classes at my local YMCA. I'm 254 and I need to lose 100lbs or more. I'm setting my 6 month goal at 50lbs. My job is sedentary and I'm certainly an emotional eater, which sucks majorly, but I've got to get this weight off! I'm tired of the HPB medicine and the swelling feet..i'm tired of the sleep apnea machine as well. So I'd certainly be up to 'teaming' up with you to get back in your jeans.. and for me to wear a pair of heels with a dress and not have my ankles swell!

Bridgette
  • Codyinaz623
    Options
    Me too!! Lots of support here:)
    Add me if you would like:)
  • PearlMarie_3gen_11484
    Options
    Hello and welcome! Your journey will get easier. Stick to your workouts and your healthy foods and you will do great! Feel free to add me if you like!
  • angmac1976
    angmac1976 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm in EXACTLY the same boat as you! Feel free to add me as a friend for support :)
  • cocobrum
    Options
    Hello everyone!
    I am new to this site as well and could use some support. I'm getting married in June 2012 and I would like to drop 40 lbs. That's my short term goal. I'm pretty active but at times I need a lil push to get me going. Hopefully with the support of this sight and of friends i'll make it to my goal and sustain it. It would be great to have some friends on this journey as well.
  • BreezyDays
    BreezyDays Posts: 292
    Options
    I was 300lbs a year ago, didnt start really trying until Dec 2010 and joined here a couple months ago but didnt do much with the tracking until just recently. Im now 267 and Im shooting for 150. Ive got a lot of things going on physically that hold me back at times but I always try to push through and not give up. So when you think something is too hard dont you give up either. Re-evaluate and if you have to drop it down a level or two then do so. You can always build up from there.

You can add me as friend if you like.

I have had weight loss success in the past I just had to take time off because I had twin boys and they took a lot of time and then I was raising twin granddaughters, even more time. As time passed the weight added on. Finally got to a place where I had time for me again and am sticking to it.

Stay strong and keep focused on your goals.
  • angijunbug
    angijunbug Posts: 205
    Options
    Me too! I have just lost 35lbs & weigh 255, so here we go continuing on this weight loss & fitness journey together! You can do it!!!
  • Fitnin6280
    Fitnin6280 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I there with ya sista. I need to loose 100 lbs too. I also work in an office, so hard to get everything moving, especially when your day does not stop until 9:00 pm. Hope we can be friends!
  • 80sgrl
    80sgrl Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me : ) I too am an office worker and just started MFP a couple of weeks ago. You can do it!!
  • Choclat_Pearl
    Choclat_Pearl Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Welcome, I was fed up at 238lbs. I am almost 2 mths in its not easy but u can do it. It's a push but u have to push. I haven't weighed in since I started June 30th keeps me from getting discouraged. I started with what was easy for me to do then kept gradually working my way up. Good Luck. If you need someone in ur corner...feel free to friend... I'll be here a while my goal is 165lbs.

Sarah
  • motherof2wins
    motherof2wins Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    You can do it! Set reasonable weekly and monthly goals for your self and before you know it you will be where you want to be. We are all in the same boat so use us and MFP and it will help. Be strong :flowerforyou: