I think my scales know...

Options
My weigh in day.

I weigh myself almost everyday.

So all of last week it looked as though I had stayed the same weight all week. I've been going to the gym everyday, eating really carefully etc etc.... And to be honest with you, I'm okay with the weight staying the same because sometimes it's like that, I'm just going to keep on and I know things will change.

Anyhoot, I got on the scales Saturday morning and I was down 3lbs. I felt good, but mindful that it could be dehydration from Friday night, Sunday I stepped on the scales and I was up a lb - but again, I would still have a 2lbs weightloss if I stayed the same today.

Yesterday I ate really well, and I did SO much walking, I walked for nearly 8 hours around the shops, not fast paced but I was generally on my feet all the time.

Today I got on the scales and I'm up another lb from Saturday. So that's now just a 1lb loss this week.

It's okay, I still log honestly and I am continuing with my healthy eating and my exercising, but I feel like my scales and my weight have joined forces just to cause mischief! It's not a race so it's okay, but I would have felt very different this morning being ablet o log 3lbs loss rather than 1lb...

Have you ever changed your weigh in day because of anything like this?

Replies

• yoghurtand
    yoghurtand Posts: 119
    Options
    I don't have an official weigh in day. I weigh myself every day but only update my tracker whenever my weight has stayed below a certain weight for a good while. If I was to have a weigh in day, I reckon I'd pick one in the middle of the week, just because it seems like you'd have less weight left over from the weekend and lazing about.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    and thats why you shouldnt weigh every day....!
  • LushLoni
    LushLoni Posts: 161 Member
    Options

Oho! Glad you're the king of the world!
  • hoover17700
    hoover17700 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I weight everyday also. It keeps me in check and most of the time makes me behave myself. :0)
  • Ashleypeterson37
    Ashleypeterson37 Posts: 347 Member
    Options

LOL!!!

I weigh everyday too. As long as your not getting discouraged then who cares?! I would love to see a 3lb loss but honestly, a 1lb loss is better then none! Your seeing progress and that's great! Love your attitude, also! Keep it up girl!
  • sandy358888
    Options
    I believe it is OK to weigh yourself everyday. It tells you what you have been doing right or not too good each time. And remember the best time to weigh yourself is in the morning. I would take losing a lbd a week over gaining a pound. You did great. And remember that there are other factors to take into consideration. If you were dehydrated and got that water back in your system (which you needed), then you are fine. I always add a little pure lemon juic to my water. It helps you cleanse your body and burns fat.
    I would also check for fat loss/gain. Since you are exercising, you might be gaining muscle but still getting rid of fat.. I only lost 3 lbs last week (had a 5lbs goal(, but lost a significant amount of fat. Keep it up! :laugh:
  • LushLoni
    Options

LOL!!!

I weigh everyday too. As long as your not getting discouraged then who cares?! I would love to see a 3lb loss but honestly, a 1lb loss is better then none! Your seeing progress and that's great! Love your attitude, also! Keep it up girl!

You know what, I think if I was doing this by myself I would have given up by now having plateaued for a months, lost a lbs, and then stayed the same for another 3 weeks, and this is my first loss in 3 weeks. But it's the support from my boyfriend and the pals i have made on this website that has kept me going regardless of what my scales say! x
  • NurseHthr
    NurseHthr Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I always weigh in on Friday mornings. It's the day of the week that will be the most accurate I believe because it's just before the weekend. I always "cheat" on the weekends a little.
  • dsak
    dsak Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself daily.... just because, but.... my "official" weigh in day is Monday AM.... I weigh in with no clothes on, and first thing in the AM (well... after I go to the bathroom)!!! Hehe....

On previous weight loss attempts, I used to weigh in on Friday, but... found I had more weekend "cheat days" that way.... since it gave me an entire week work it off. But... I knew that wasn't going to work for me long term. So... with a Monday AM weigh in, I find that I think twice about things I put in my mouth over the weekend. And... I've found I eat much healthier EVERY day.

My best weigh in day is always on Thursday AM... that is when I seem to weigh the least, but... I know weight fluctuates a great deal, so... I'm sticking with Monday.
  • mamax5
    mamax5 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    YES! My weight yo-yos like crazy! Down 8lbs up 4lbs down 1lb....so I've been down 5lbs for 2 But, I haven't been on the scale in 2 days....Not getting on it until Thu!
  • LushLoni
    Options
    I weigh myself daily.... just because, but.... my "official" weigh in day is Monday AM.... I weigh in with no clothes on, and first thing in the AM (well... after I go to the bathroom)!!! Hehe....

On previous weight loss attempts, I used to weigh in on Friday, but... found I had more weekend "cheat days" that way.... since it gave me an entire week work it off. But... I knew that wasn't going to work for me long term. So... with a Monday AM weigh in, I find that I think twice about things I put in my mouth over the weekend. And... I've found I eat much healthier EVERY day.

My best weigh in day is always on Thursday AM... that is when I seem to weigh the least, but... I know weight fluctuates a great deal, so... I'm sticking with Monday.

I weigh in (as in log) on a Monday for the same reason!! Plus I felt like it was a great place to start...
  • donnaeve8
    donnaeve8 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Sorry I have to agree with Tavistock! Weighing your self every day will drive you crazy and make you over analyze every little thing you do when daily fluctuations in the scale have nothing to do with what you are doing/not doing.