Breakfast for Dinner

Options
I'm sure this has been asked before, but I am curious! Who here enjoys having breakfast for dinner?

There are some week nights, where I'll be debating about what to cook for dinner and inexplicably I'll say to myself, "You know what? Breakfast food sounds amazing!" :lol:

So, if you also enjoy having breakfast for dinner; please share what kinds of meals you fix for yourself!

For me, I typically like fixing an open face egg sandwich. I'll start with a couple of eggs or fake eggs, which ever is handy at the time and create an omelet. Generally, I'll put in some diced veggies and spinach to mix in; and then, once the omelet is finished, I'll add a little bit of shredded cheddar cheese to place on top and let it melt.

During that time, while the omelet has been cooking, I'll slice an english muffin in half and toast it. Then, once it's done getting toasty, I'll spread some butter on the bottom and cut my omelet in half to place on both halves of the muffins.

As a final touch, I'll usually top with a serving of salsa and some pepper.

They're not huge, but they are filling and pretty tasty....to me anyways! :)

Anyone else willing to share a breakfast favorite?

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,960 Member
    Options
    I had spaghetti the other day for breakfast and a homemade McMuffin and hashbrowns for dinner. It's so much faster and easier to make breakfast, sometimes it's just a time/starving-right-now thing. :)
  • RunnerGrl1982
    RunnerGrl1982 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I had spaghetti the other day for breakfast and a homemade McMuffin and hashbrowns for dinner. It's so much faster and easier to make breakfast, sometimes it's just a time/starving-right-now thing. :)

Haha! So much truth in that statement. I've definitely been there before.

• CTcutie
    CTcutie Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Eggs/bacon, protein pancakes or cereal- I could eat “breakfast” foods all day😀
  • New_Heavens_Earth
    New_Heavens_Earth Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Yup! Two favorites:

English muffin with veggies, ham, and scrambled eggs

Low carb tortilla with salsa, fat free cheese, and eggs. Sometimes a snack piece of fruit on the side
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,898 Member
    Options
    I have meetings on Thursday afternoons and am often not in the mood for cooking afterwards so this tends to be my "Breakfast for Dinner" night. I make various combinations of egg, veggies, kielbasa, and potatoes.

Every few months I'll make this recipe from Julia Child:

Râpée Morvandelle

Gratin of Shredded Potatoes with Ham and Eggs and Onions

Reprinted from Mastering the Art of French Cooking Alfred A. Knopf © 1961

Page 153-154

Yield : For 4 people (maybe 4 French people, lol)
  • kimothyschma
    kimothyschma Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I made a bacon and potato quiche this week for dinner. It’s something that I would never have the time or patience to make in the morning so it was fun to do in the evening. It was very filling and hearty!
  • RunnerGrl1982
    RunnerGrl1982 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    I have meetings on Thursday afternoons and am often not in the mood for cooking afterwards so this tends to be my "Breakfast for Dinner" night. I make various combinations of egg, veggies, kielbasa, and potatoes.

Every few months I'll make this recipe from Julia Child:

Râpée Morvandelle

Gratin of Shredded Potatoes with Ham and Eggs and Onions

Reprinted from Mastering the Art of French Cooking Alfred A. Knopf © 1961

Page 153-154

Yield : For 4 people (maybe 4 French people, lol)

Oh wow! Looks delicious! Might have to try that out sometime.
  • COGypsy
    COGypsy Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    I usually make chilaqiles when I have breakfast for dinner. Air fried corn tortillas, enchilada sauce and cheese topped with an egg or two....quick and tasty!
  • pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,231 Member
    Options
    Going to “do” some scrambled eggs in the next 30 minutes. Like breakfast for dinner every now and then.

What about a hamburger for breakfast?
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    Normally we do pancakes, eggs with veggies and cheese(light) and turkey bacon or turkey sausage,.
  • AnnieGottaRun
    AnnieGottaRun Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Every Wednesday, I make homemade chocolate chip pancakes, regular and turkey bacon, and scrambled eggs. On most Sunday evenings, I make french toast and scrambled eggs served with yogurt. Breakfast for dinner is very popular with my family. :)
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Options
    If I'm short on time and want something easy for dinner, eggs are my fall-back. Love them.
  • JohnnytotheB
    JohnnytotheB Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Love breakfast for dinner!

Pancakes (I make in bulk and freeze - I pull a few out and put in the toaster over for 10 min)
    Eggs with spinach, onions, garlic is my fav
    I used to make fresh bread in the bread maker and butter it on the side! I no longer do this.
    Fruit like grapefruit or pineapple or apple on the side
    Once in a while I would get the veggie sausage
  • lalalacroix
    lalalacroix Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Chieflrg wrote: »
    My brinner is pretty boring and easy to make.

I'll make scrambled eggs with pepperjack cheese melted on top, hashbrowns, sausage, with a huge stack of homeade pancakes with peanut butter layered in between 3-4 cakes and pecan butter syrup topped.

That is a feast that I one day will earn/save enough calories for!
  • lalalacroix
    lalalacroix Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Love dinner for breakfast and breakfast for dinner. I will usually do pancakes, waffles or an omelette, served with bacon and eggs.
  • amy19355
    amy19355 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Who started the idea that certain foods were supppsed to be eaten at specific meals?

Food is food, to me, and it is primarily fuel (that happens to be pretty tasty ), so ,
    To the OP - any food is breakfast food.

Leftover roast duck is one of my faves, and to the person who wondered about a hamburger for breakfast , I propose it is just another way to bundle meat cheese and bread .
  • jesspen91
    jesspen91 Posts: 1,383 Member
    Options
    I could eat eggs and refried beans in a wrap anytime!
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I don't really like traditional breakfast foods in the morning so usually only have them for dinner.
    Scrambled eggs- plain or with cheese and onion
    Fried eggs
    French toast
    Pancakes
    Waffles
    Breakfast casserole- potato, onion, egg, cheese, ham or sausage, peppers
    Breakfast burrito- egg, cheese and sausage put in tortilla
    Breakfast sandwich- biscuit with egg, cheese and ham
    Baked oatmeal- strawberry cheesecake or apple cranberry or chocolate banana peanut butter coconut