Fitness Roulette

Options
I know this might sound hokey, but I just thought of a way to work more exercise into my day. A little background first; I listen to my iPod all day while at work. I have over 650 songs to listen to and I just leave it on shuffle. I could listen to music for 4 days straight and never get to the end of my library.

OK, so here’s my plan; whenever a song from one of my exercise playlists randomly pops up during the course of the day, I have to stop, drop, and do 10 sit-ups, or 10 pushups, or 30 jumping jacks. Whatever. I’m calling it “fitness roulette”.

By the way, I work from a home office, so there’s no embarrassment factor involved.

Thoughts?

Replies

• leftymac
    leftymac Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    And how many songs out of this 650 are on your exercise playlist? Let's see how effective this will really be. i want you doing pushups every other song.
  • NaomiLyn15
    NaomiLyn15 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    What a great idea. I work from home, and might think about doing the same thing throughout the day as well.
  • ceschwartz
    ceschwartz Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Every extra bit helps! Sounds like fun!
  • Jelleebean
    Jelleebean Posts: 212
    Options
    jealous that you get to listen to your pod all day... we have a radio going... and when i'm there by myself, i have the tendancy to 'chair dance' if the song calls for it :smile:
    sounds like a great way to get through your work day, as well as get some 'bonus exercise' in :happy: good luck to ya
  • pope369
    pope369 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    And how many songs out of this 650 are on your exercise playlist? Let's see how effective this will really be. i want you doing pushups every other song.

Ahhh, a task master! I love it. Actually, I expect to have an average of 4 or 5 opportunities to break for some kind of exercise during the course of an 8-hour day. Does that sound like it would help? or be a waste of time?
  • morganhccstudent724
    morganhccstudent724 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    Great idea =)
  • MrsTomkins
    MrsTomkins Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    this is an AMAZING idea.. I work from home also!!
  • leftymac
    leftymac Posts: 169 Member
    Options

Ahhh, a task master! I love it. Actually, I expect to have an average of 4 or 5 opportunities to break for some kind of exercise during the course of an 8-hour day. Does that sound like it would help? or be a waste of time?

Nothing like that is a waste of time. It's not going to create a huge calorie burn or anything, nor would it be a replacement for longer exercise periods, but every bit you do helps towards your overall fitness.
  • Sh1tsRainbows
    Sh1tsRainbows Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    Great idea!! thatd be 5 times a dfay..better than nothing!!!
  • ScottInTheOC
    ScottInTheOC Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I think most of the songs on my iPhone are high energy mixes making them all my exercise songs. I keep them there for all my cardio workouts. I feel that if I play something slow and I'm on the treadmill that I actually get off "step"

But I like the idea of doing cardio at home on a whim. I have been on disability and home since Memorial Day weekend - I can do my "flash mob exercise session" in the comfort of whatever I have on! :)