OMG! I've fallen off the bandwagon. . .

Options
I started my account with myfitnesspal.com on Jan. 19th. At first, I was so excited and so inspired. Unfortunately, I only lasted three weeks. I'm so sad about it. I've gained back almost all of the 5 lbs I lost and I just need some inspiration. Has anyone ever fell off as well. What did you do to get back into it AND stay committed and consistent.

Please help!

- Discouraged and Defeated

Replies

• jervin2504
    jervin2504 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I started my account with myfitnesspal.com on Jan. 19th. At first, I was so excited and so inspired. Unfortunately, I only lasted three weeks. I'm so sad about it. I've gained back almost all of the 5 lbs I lost and I just need some inspiration. Has anyone ever fell off as well. What did you do to get back into it AND stay committed and consistent.

Please help!

- Discouraged and Defeated
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    All of us do.... well.....some of us...
    I do all the time, it's a big change we are taking on.

Don't get discouraged.
    :flowerforyou:
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    you bet...fell off...got kicked in the head and stomped on...get up...dust off...shake head...and start again...you dont fail until you quit tryin....get busy girl:smile:
  • Dave198lbs
    Options
    p.s. I used to live in Maywood! hey!
  • RoxieFoston
    Options
    That is what yo yo is all about. Once you fall you get back up. Don't just stay down. Now get up and get going again. Donny says get back up again.
  • Dave198lbs
    Options
    That is what yo yo is all about. Once you fall you get back up. Don't just stay down. Now get up and get going again. Donny says get back up again.

I hope you threw that poor little fish back...his momma is lookin for him...LOL
  • stillkristi
    stillkristi Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Like everyone else is saying, its part of the journey. I do addiction counseling for a living the thing I have learned from my clients is that the most important tool we have is our attitude. Believe in yourself, and you can make it happen. Don't be discouraged, you just have a new "sobriety" date. You probably learned some important lessons from being off the bandwagon for a minute. Here is a link to a pretty inspirational video. http://www.attitudeisaltitude.com/
    Good Luck, to you - and to all of us!
  • SelkieGhost
    SelkieGhost Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I finally got myself into great shape a few years ago, but then some stuff happened, and I stopped making time for routine exercise, and gradually stopped paying attention to the amounts of food I ate (and content of some of them in terms of calories).... I went from 128 to now 143 in about 2 years.... I'm just now getting back on track... For me falling off track with fitness is a gradual insidious thing.. it happens so slowly, that by the time I realize what happened, I've already put on 15 pounds and lost my good exercise and eating habits... But - this time I'm going to be more vigilant!
    I'm positive you'll be able to get back on track too - and on the bright site - you caught yourself really early! Its only been a few months :-) With that sort of awareness going on, I'm sure you'll succeed!
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    I say just jump back on!!!! my friend was telling me tonight it takes 21 days to form habit and 21 days to break. so I say just jump back on :)
  • mimi1949
    mimi1949 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    If at first you don,t succeed try and try again. Now get back on the wagon I'm rootin for you.
  • heal4444
    heal4444 Posts: 709
    Options
    Get more support from fellow MFP''s members here. Sign up for a group and talk to like minded people in the Motivation and Support Section.

I noticed this is your first post. Perhaps, letting others know of your efforts whether it is exercise, eating right would propel you to keep going and not lose momentum. This way, it's win/win for all because you are giving an example of inspiration to others and they too are congratulating you on every daily success would beget more success for your and others. And, by you motivating and encouraging others, keeps your spirits up as well.

It's really about energy. Exchange of energy and keeping it flowing rather than stagnant within.

Like if you had to take a walk by yourself vs taking a walk with a friend or different friends everyday. Which would be more kept up?

What is one small step you can take today?
    What would be the next small step you can take?
    What would really motivate you to take these small steps?

You are not alone in your journey. Join us and find a group you feel comfortable with. This is all just a learning experience. Enjoy the journey.

:heart: Love yourself no matter what.:heart: