Just join and needs to get motivated to lose a lot of weight

Options
Hello Everyone...I have had weight problems my whole adult life and now I've hit rock bottom. I'm at the heaviest I've ever been and I my miserable. I need to get motivated to do something about it! I need to lose more than a 100lbs. I can't believe I let this happen to me. I feel so out of control when it comes to food. Please help me!!!

Replies

• cpsauer
    cpsauer Posts: 3
    Options
    Just remember that every journey begins with a step and joining myfitnesspal is definitely an awesome 1st step!!
  • PearlMarie_3gen_11484
    Options
    Hello and welcome! You have found the right site for motivation and friends. Friend request sent. :heart:
  • prplhaz300
    prplhaz300 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    You've made the first step already. I have lost almost 40 pounds in the past 3 months, still have 160 pounds to go. Feel free to friend me. I don't get to communicate much but will try my best. Good Luck!!
  • alright_flower
    Options
    Try not to look at it as losing 100lbs - that's what's always defeated me in the past because it seems impossible!! Try setting yourself small goals - perhaps losing a certain amount by the end of each month, or choose a special event. You CAN do this, just take it one step at a time. Best of luck!!!
  • ebert5150
    ebert5150 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Log your food carefully and stay under or right at your calorie goal and you'll see the weight start to come off. The first time you get on a scale and see your weight is less will be a great motivator. I'd also suggest weighing yourself only once a week....same day and time...to avoid frustration.
  • tribalwolf4
    Options
    It's never too late to start. Don't be hard on yourself. We've all been there. I just started last week. Friend me, if you'd like. Good luck!
  • findingfit23
    findingfit23 Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    You can do it! One day at a time, one pound at a time!

Feel free to add me
  • Showtime19
    Options
    We all have are struggles with various things in life. Just remember you are not alone. :happy:
  • StellaBby10
    Options
    This website is amazing it really does work and motivate you well. I've seen lots of people on here who have lost 100+ lbs so i know you can do it!!! you just have to remember that it wont be easy!! but it WILL be worth it!! no excuses and have fun with it... you will learn to love dieting and excersise... i know i have!! (= your self esteem will soon sky rocket! good luck!! =D
  • academical
    Options
    Take the Weight Watchers approach and shoot for losing 10% of your overall goal. Once you've lost that 10%, then go for the next 10%. Small goals along the way are one of the keys to success!!!

Good luck to you, and welcome!!!
  • streetnamejim
    Options
    Welcome Darla! The first step is the toughest... and here you are taking the first step. Congrats!! You can do this... lots of very helpful and supportive people here to cheer you along. :D

Remember, cheating on your diary is only cheating on yourself. So just be honest and document the best you can and know that everyday will not be perfect, but keep moving toward the goal and you'll wake up one day feeling a lot better than you do today.
  • WiiFitFan
    WiiFitFan Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You have come to the right place. Here you will find accountability as private or as public as you want. There are tons of people here to help you and you have taken that first big step of reaching out.

You can do this! This isn't a diet but it is a lifestyle change. Start simple. Take time to breathe. Deep breathing to get more oxygen to your cells and start your day right. Get into the habit of logging everything you eat or drink. Everything. Don't worry so much about the calorie count at first, just log everything. Soon you will see your problem areas and learn where to make changes. You don't have to deny yourself that much, just make healthier changes.

Drink lots of water. Try drinking a glass of water before you have a meal. It will help fill you up and sometimes we are actually thirsty but feel like we are hungry. Increase your fiber intake. This will also help keep you full. Try eating smaller portions and eat more often to keep your metabolism going strong. Six small meals work for many of us.

Discover a new fruit or vegetable every week and add it to your menu. Have fun discovering new, healthier food choices.

Start moving! Walk as much as you can, for as far as you can. Adding more steps into your day is a great starting point. Start looking for fun ways to get exercise in. Find what you enjoy and you will stick with it.

Have a great journey!
  • megamoo04
    megamoo04 Posts: 269
    Options
    welcome
  • smbakke77
    smbakke77 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I was in the same boat. I hit a number on the scale very close to a number that I told myself I never wanted to hit. Thats when my journey started. I've had my moments of weakness since and very recently I have had bouts of zero motivation, but I am down 40+ lbs and aiming for about 50 more. We can do this!
  • Showtime19
    Options
    You are not alone. We all need a friend/buddy to reach our goals. I'm here whenever you need a push, and you can do the same for me.
  • steffihoney
    Options
    Looks like you are doing great so far!! A little motivation and support goes a loooong way. I sent you a friend request.