Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Are you on 1200 cals?
  • neugebauer52
    neugebauer52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Use the MFP calculation to give you an idea how many calories to eat. And: are you feeling hungry or thirsty? Have a cup of tea or some (iced) coffee first, think about it.
  • Fatty_Nuff
    Fatty_Nuff Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Yes it is going to be tough if you are "starving". Why are you? Absolutely unnecessary.
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Consider if you are trying to lose too fast (thus too low a calorie deficit) or have selected a pointlessly low calorie goal.

• iowalinda
    iowalinda Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    This is going to be tough!
    Hang in there. The first few days always seem to be the worst, at least for me.

• daringxdreamer
    daringxdreamer Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    iowalinda wrote: »
    This is going to be tough!
    Hang in there. The first few days always seem to be the worst, at least for me.

I totally agree! It will get easier as your body adjusts to your new lifestyle
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    SallyLuvsFitness Posts: 13,724 Member
    Options
    Eat tons of veggies!
  • kbmnurse1
    kbmnurse1 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    It isn't easy. There are days when you are starving. Drink water and move on.
  • IsETHome
    IsETHome Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    If you want to take a look at my diary you can add me. I'm on 1100-1200 a day (my life is sedentary except for some water workouts every other day). I am rarely really hungry. It will give you an idea over the last 60+ days how I have eaten.
  • zeejane03
    zeejane03 Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    OP what are your stats and what's your weekly loss goal set to?
  • RNtarabanks
    RNtarabanks Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I’m on day 2 and starving before bed. I def didn’t eat enough veggies. I had a craft beer too....it was 270 calories!!!! Shew!!!
  • Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    You should be peckish - not starving. if you're starving then you're definitely not eating enough and it's hard to maintain a diet when you are just thinking about food 24/7.

Some good advice has been given above. Personally I don't like to use the MFP default calculation, I use tdeecalculator.net and set all my activity to 1 calorie burnt. So i don't have to worry about "eating back" any calories as I have a decent amount to begin with in the first place.

The peckish feeling I find lasts a few days then you sort of get used to it. I also use a once a week refeed (which does not mean eat whatever you like in copious amount - just means on one day, usually a Friday for me, i'll actually have a nice big dinner of whatever rocks my boat and maybe some desert, not gigantic portions, but I will definitely "go over" my calories on refeed day!). This one nice filling meal makes it easier to go back to 'peckish state' for the rest of the week.

Do look at what you're eating tho coz you can actually fit a lot of volume in.

Or split your meals differently. Like I do 4 main meals instead of 3 main meals + snacks in between. I do eat more than 1500 tho.
  • Mrsindepenant1
    Mrsindepenant1 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    When I first started mfp I was starving too, it was because I wasn’t careful with my calories and wasted them on high calorie foods meaning I wouldn’t eat much. I find hot drinks great fillers that are low calorie. Feel free to add me and check
    Out my diary, it’s open and I try and share food and adventures daily. I’m on 1200cal and eat heaps. I’m a volume eater and like to be full so I spend my calories wisely to allow me to eat plenty!
  • AudreyJDuke
    AudreyJDuke Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Great suggestions!
  • Kangamoo11
    Kangamoo11 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    In right there with ya. Ugh
  • sytchequeen
    sytchequeen Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    some of this could be psychosomatic because you know you are on reduced calories. Fill up on lots of low calorie veggies, drink plenty, and hang in there. Don't make this too hard to stick to, because we all know where that leads
  • cloggsy71
    cloggsy71 Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    Lots of people's brains misconstrue the messages for thirst & hunger. When you think you feel hungry, drink a big glass of water first (750ml to a litre). If after 20 minutes you still feel hungry, then eat. Do this before every meal too. Hope this helps?
  • VictoryGarden
    VictoryGarden Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    The first 1-2 weeks on on diet are hard. I am very active, and discovered that I absolutely can't do the limited portions, or low fat, or eat whatever you want but stay within your calories. After 3 months of going to bed hungry, waking up hungry, thinking about food all day, I always failed. :(

This time around I am on a LCHF diet. Yes, the first 1-2 weeks of adjusting away from SUGAR (oh how I love sweets) and carbs was hard. But now I AM NOT HUNGRY! I might only eat 1 meal a day with snack or very small meal now. For instance I had a breakfast of a sausage patty, a small amount of cheese, and an egg. It's now 8 hours later and I probably wont' eat a lunch, and will have a small salad with avocado for supper and be done for the day.

So if you find that you just can't do your current WOE, try out some of the low carb ones. Adjust it to fit what you need to 1. live life, and 2. get healthy.

Best wishes!