Anyone do Zumba?

Options
Does it really work? What are your experiences?

Replies

• Mslmesq
    Mslmesq Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    What do you mean by work? You are moving, therefore you are burning calories.

Ime, any exercise routine you enjoy and can stick with will be the best for you. For example, I hate bike riding, so a spin class is probably never going to help me long term. Whereas I like to hike, run, or skate. Therefore, any of those would be great.

Do you like to dance? Then zumba will probably work for you.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,485 Member
    Options
    I found Zumba really good for improving my cardio vascular performance, improving my flexibility, helping with balance, and having fun.

A calorie deficit is what I used for losing weight.

If you are Using MFP guidelines for weight loss, your deficit is built into your calorie goal.
    Log your Zumba and eat 50-75 of those calories back (Zumba was the only exercise I logged that gave an inflated calorie burn), you need to fuel your exercise so you don’t get lethargic in daily life.

Cheers, h.
  • meritage5
    meritage5 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I do a drop in aquatic zumba class when my schedule allows. Yes it works in that it raises my heart rate and I have slight muscle soreness afterwards. So it is improving my cardio-vascular system and strengthening my muscles. It is just one way I exercise.
  • Nokt2018
    Nokt2018 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I get a Zumba class in every week along with a Yoga class. If I can, I add a Strength and Cardio class and or a Step Aerobics class if available.
    Zumba is a lot of fun even though I have two left feet or two right feet.
  • Tdmpink121
    Tdmpink121 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Coolness! Keep up the work! Thats amazing all you do
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,669 Member
    Options
    Just a warning. Many people who do Zumba are territorial. If you get in their "spot" they may give you the leery eye or as you to move. My opinion on this (as a group fitness trainer) is there is no reserved area. First come first serve. But it can get catty.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • Tdmpink121
    Tdmpink121 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Oh I'm not brave enough to go out somewhere. I'll be doing in it my home. Lol. But thanks fpr the tip if i ever get brave enough to go out.