Bride to be on a Mission

Options
Hi!

My name is Melissa, 27 & from Yorkshire, UK. 2019 is a very important year for me. My wedding is in July & has been 2 years in the making. I vowed to loose lots of weight before the big day but it never happened. Now I have 6 months to go & I need to get my head in the game! I am not nessacerily going to be at my target weight by July but I want to at least have a healthier lifestyle.

I am hoping MFP can set me on the right path.

x

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    When do you start dress shopping?
  • melissaanne2019
    melissaanne2019 Posts: 2 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    @TavistockToad I am starting to veiw them next week but going to probably be ordering about April/May time.
    :)
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    @TavistockToad I am starting to veiw them next week but going to probably be ordering about April/May time.
    :)

This makes me sound really old, but when I got married they needed at least 6 months from order.

Good that you can order so close to the wedding, you'll know your size by then.

Enjoy shopping! :drinker:
  • SconnieNation
    SconnieNation Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi @melissaanne2019 ! I haven't been active on MFP in a LONG time but I'm also 27 and trying to stay motivated/accountable for my June 2019 wedding :smile: Let me know if you want a buddy! Also re: @TavistockToad 's comment, my dress also took 7 months to come in, but it could be different in the UK!
  • JohnnytotheB
    JohnnytotheB Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! You can do it! I'm not a dr, but from what I've read you can safely lose 2 lbs a week with focus.
  • MichelleSilverleaf
    MichelleSilverleaf Posts: 2,028 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! You can do it! I'm not a dr, but from what I've read you can safely lose 2 lbs a week with focus.

That highly depends on how much weight there is to lose. 2lbs is not appropriate for everyone.
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    Hi @melissaanne2019 ! I haven't been active on MFP in a LONG time but I'm also 27 and trying to stay motivated/accountable for my June 2019 wedding :smile: Let me know if you want a buddy! Also re: @TavistockToad 's comment, my dress also took 7 months to come in, but it could be different in the UK!

I'm in the UK!
  • Beesuth92
    Beesuth92 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. I've just started too so if you would like to add me we can spur each other on xx
  • edentbrown1
    edentbrown1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Congrats Melissa! I’m a Yorkshire gal, too! We’re all in this together!
  • abonnell16
    abonnell16 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey! I too am getting married in July! Finding it difficult to get started. Need some motivation!