Keto peeps out there?!

Options
BlondeButtercup127
BlondeButtercup127 Posts: 750 Member
edited January 2019 in Motivation and Support
Hey hey! I'm looking to grow my friendship circle and support network on here with fellow keto followers. (Or not, I'm open either way!)

I've been following this way of eating since November 12 of last year and as of this morning down 29.5lbs! I have about another 100 to go. 👊🏻 I find myself learning every day about keto yet have a decent grasp on it.

I have pcos and hypothyroidism so fellow cysters certainly welcome!! 💟 Look forward to growing my network, say hi!! ✨🤩

**I'm being monitored by my doctor since this was her suggestion because studies show keto can heal a couple of diagnosis I have**

Replies

• leiflung
    leiflung Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Added you. Anybody other keto'ers feel free to add me.
  • BlondeButtercup127
    Options
    Feel free to add me. Keto for 3 weeks now and loving it.

Sent a request! 👊🏻
  • Buck6032
    Buck6032 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Nice job on being 29lbs down. Really great start.
  • fmichelle57
    fmichelle57 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss! I started Keto on Aug. 21st and am down 42 lbs. Our food is awesome! We have a garden and love cooking new healthy dishes every day!
  • BlondeButtercup127
    Options
    I have been doing keto since Nov 1st and am down 31lbs. I have hypothyroidism as well. I also have adrenal insufficiency and because of that I will be on steroids daily for the rest of my life. And since adding the steroids I can not lose weight from just calorie counting anymore. But I'm losing with keto AND calorie counting! I have 70 more pounds to go.

So amazing!!!! ✨
  • BlondeButtercup127
    Options
    Buck6032 wrote: »
    Nice job on being 29lbs down. Really great start.

Thanks so much!! 👊🏻✨
  • BlondeButtercup127
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss! I started Keto on Aug. 21st and am down 42 lbs. Our food is awesome! We have a garden and love cooking new healthy dishes every day!

Thank you!! ✌🏻Congrats to you as well!!
  • jennayyyye
    jennayyyye Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Hello all, I was wanting to see if any of y'all would be willing to give any keto advice/tips to someone who is barely starting out? Not sure if this is the best place but I wanted to start somewhere and it seems to be working for all here.
  • flan32
    flan32 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I found the first time doing keto I did it for 2 months but my electrolytes were off. I was losing weight but leg craps and so tired. This time around found an electrolyte shake that is working and making it soo much easier for me. Just keep it simple when getting started that way you don’t get overwhelmed and give up... good luck it’s so worth it and becomes part of life 😊
  • BlondeButtercup127
    Options
    flan32 wrote: »
    I found the first time doing keto I did it for 2 months but my electrolytes were off. I was losing weight but leg craps and so tired. This time around found an electrolyte shake that is working and making it soo much easier for me. Just keep it simple when getting started that way you don’t get overwhelmed and give up... good luck it’s so worth it and becomes part of life 😊

I'm interested in learning about this electrolytes shake!
  • Larkspur94
    Larkspur94 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I've been keto since end of September. Lost 22 lb so far. (I've been slowed down by a few weeks due to cheating over xmas and new year, but back on track now).
    Majority of my friend list are also keto/low-carb if you want to browse and friend request them. Very supportive, liking status updates and giving welldones or advice here and there.
    If you aren't apart of the keto group yet, I'd advise you join it.
  • suzannetr
    suzannetr Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Started Keto today and I’m looking forward to being healthier! I have PCOS and Hypothyroidism as well and this diet has been the only thing that helped in the past. I lost about 65 pds on a Keto diet a few years ago and felt incredible. Unfortunately, I was unable to keep it going and gained it all back. Getting started has always been the hardest part for me but I really need to get my weight and issues under control. So, add me too!👋🏻
  • Lynda_09
    Lynda_09 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I started Keto since the New Year 😊 I’ve lost 8 pounds so far but feeling more energized and sleeping better. I’m looking forward to keep on going and adding some weight training as well. Let’s do this people!!! 🍳 🥓 🥑
  • phanatik82
    phanatik82 Posts: 7 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Hello, I’ve been on keto since 1/3/19 and have lost 15 lbs so far praise God! I started at 224lbs and today I weighed in at 209lbs. I’m trying to keep going at least another 2 months. If anyone have any questions feel free to message me! Maybe I can help or just offer support/encouragement. Please add me as a friend 👋
  • crazbaby12
    crazbaby12 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    New to keto also! Loving it so far :)
  • docjess2015
    docjess2015 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I’m 2 weeks into Keto. I’m down 7 lbs. I sent you a friend request.
  • Lula1068
    Lula1068 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hello 😊 feel free to add me if you want!
    My keto/Paleo journey started in June 2018. I watched a Netflix doc and really loved it....then researched everything Keto/Paleo. I started at 246 lbs I currently weigh 183. I feel stronger/younger/better than I did in my 30's (I'm 43) It's been a lot of trial and error but mostly it requires you to get to know your body. For example, Keto allows cheese and Paleo doesn't so much...I've learned for me dairy does not work. I've tried to take the clean eating and zero process food/sugar from Paleo and combine it with the higher healthy fat of keto. The two diets are the same in many ways but I do stay on the lower carb end of Keto and try to balance it sometimes with a fruit or "carb up" meal that Paleo allows me to. My diary is always posted. I do workout 3-4 times a week.
    I get annoyed at the stigma Keto has so usually I just tell people...I gave up process foods, sugar, pasta, bread, soda, fast food, and workout now. They have a better response to that instead of "I do Keto" lol