SWEET TOOTH CRAVINGS ON KETO HELP

Options
Out of nowhere, I’ve been having sweet cravings for things like strawberry yogurt , cinnamon oatmeal , apples and pineapples. What is a great alternative for sweets besides dark chocolate ? I absolutely hate it and I can’t bring myself to enjoy it! I’ve been Keto strong for a little over two weeks and I’m really getting a sweet tooth! Suggestions plssss!!! Thank you!

Replies

• KetoLula
    KetoLula Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Lily's has a keto friendly chocolate that I'm in love with. Also, Slimfast just released keto peanut butter cups. We also keep quest and evolution bars at the house for sweets cravings that are lower carb.
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Options
    Nutbutter in full fat yogurt might work. If not, fruit is totally healthy, so maybe keto isn't for you.
  • JohnnytotheB
    JohnnytotheB Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Can you snack on nuts with that type of diet? If so, try peanuts, peanut butter infused with honey, almonds with different flavorings. It may be help but they are not sweet.
  • Teabythesea_
    Teabythesea_ Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Are you trying to lose weight? If so then I'd give into the craving and eat fruit rather than opting for nut butters, peanut butter cups and protein bars that are much higher calorie and not what I truly want... but that's just me.
  • leiflung
    leiflung Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Have you tried Two Good yogurt? It's pretty decent.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    Raspberries are relatively low in carbs and high in fiber.
  • MizMliss
    MizMliss Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    honestly, drink pickle juice. It instantly cures all cravings.
  • roachita
    roachita Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Do you like to bake? There are soooooo many delicious recipes out there. Last week I made keto friendly shortbread cookies, chocolate glazed donuts, macadamia nut biscotti, and some great cinnamon twists. YUM! (My husband and I are both on the keto diet) :D Easy peasy recipes! (let me know if you'd like links)
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    AvinashDB wrote: »
    One thing that’s helped with my sugar cravings since I am a diabetic is the following. It really works and it’s like a light switch that turns off the cravings and I swear it’s like I forget about sugar completely or turned off by it.

16oz water
    2Tbsp fresh lemon juice
    2Tbsp braggs Apple cider vinegar

I usually drink it all down in a minute or less and the health benefits from lemons and ACV alone is a plus for you. I hope this helps and good luck!

What health benefits would that be?