Monday is my weigh in day. Is it yours?

Options
Hi there!

I started afresh last Monday with a new determination to reach my goal this time. Today was my weigh in day after the first week. I have lost 2.2lbs! Wahoo!! I expected (hoped?) for it to be more, but I also knew deep down that the alcohol I had on Saturday night would play its part! lol

My stats:

SW: 188.6
CW: 186.4
GW: 135

I am 5ft 6.5 inches tall.

So, if Monday is your weigh in day, how did you do??

x

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,007 Member
    Options
    Monday is my weigh in day. Is it yours?

Yes.

And Tuesday, and Wednesday, and Thursday, and Friday, and Saturday, and Sunday!! :)
  • ejohndrow
    ejohndrow Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    No. Mine is Tuesday because I started back with this on the 1st, which was Tuesday.

Currently down 7lbs, could have possibly been more, but I allowed a cheat day with no exercise Thursday that really didn't help at all. We'll see what the scale days Tuesday.
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    Yes it's Mondays for me
  • jesspen91
    jesspen91 Posts: 1,383 Member
    Options
    I weigh everyday and look at the average. I can't make head nor tale of my weigh-ins so I might as well average it to avoid those weird blips.

Example
    Saturday I was well within my calories, drank lots of water, one bottle of beer - Sunday morning I am 3lbs up
    Yesterday I went round a friend's for dinner, drank half a bottle of wine and two whiskeys and eat pizza and crisps - This morning, the extra 3lbs are gone

But the moving average only changed by .2 during those days.
  • DaniMerc72
    DaniMerc72 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I get on every day, but for documenting in challenges or my "official" day, it's Monday :)
  • showyourt33th
    showyourt33th Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every day - should you not?
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,035 Member
    Options
    Mondays are great weigh in days.

I try to weigh myself every day and enter it into MFP and my very detailed Excel spreadsheet :blush: . That way I spot trends instead of just random fluctuations.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every day - should you not?

Every day is fine provided you don't have knee-jerk reactions to the fluctuations.

Adding a weight trending app like Libra or Happy Scale provides even more useful data from your daily weights.

I weigh daily and enter in Libra. I update MFP on Fridays.
  • euronorris
    euronorris Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Mondays are my official weigh in day. That is the number I use to track a trend and be sure of my weight loss.

I do get on the scale most mornings because I can't seem to resist it, but I don't get upset or freaked out by daily fluctuations. I find it somewhat helpful to have seen a lower number on a Sunday (for example), if I know that the Monday figure will be higher because of a planned cheat/high salt meal. It's nice to be able to say to myself that I have made progress that week, and reassure myself that the blip is as a result of one meal and will drop down again in a day or two.

As pinuplove says, it's fine to do this provided you don't have a knee-jerk reaction to fluctuations.

But Monday weigh ins are what I record in the app and track my progress with. I assumed most people tracked weekly in the app, but the answers here seem to suggest otherwise lol.
  • cowleyl
    cowleyl Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I found I was becoming too obsessed with the scale, so I weigh on 13th of the month. I picked the 13th so I can blame bad luck if the figures don't go my way. I saw a funny post on FB today - 'Every time we try to eat healthy, along comes Christmas, Easter, Summer, Friday or Tuesday and ruins it for us'! :smiley:
  • Kst76
    Kst76 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    I weigh everyday, but i log my weight every Monday.
  • Dawnvtk
    Dawnvtk Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Mine is Tuesday, since I was a New Year's joiner. I used to weigh myself once a day, but if I gained even a ounce I'd give up for the day and binge eat. Down 11.7 so far. Daily weigh ins made me gain 40 pounds in a year. lol