Drop weight, Friend gains?

Options
Hello to all of whom are reading this,
I tried posting earlier however it doesn't seem to have worked. Ah well. I'm new here *waves* (calories burnt yay!) I'd like to hear about your journey, chat about all sorts of things, support and compare blister collections. (Mines coming along nicely)
Feel free to keep in touch.
Cheers,
Jayne

Replies

• 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Speaking of blisters - I have learned if you are going to run longer distances low ankle socks are not going to cut it!
  • 6raham
    6raham Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Hi Jayne,

Welcome along.

In terms of my story, started this time last year at 17st 4 (242lbs) and wanted to get to 10st 7 (147lbs) by my wedding in September, slowly increased my exercise routine and strictly kept to my calories, food habits completely changed and consistently kept to eating chicken, spinach or food I would say was the most efficient in low calorie and high quantity, I have to feel full! Managed to get there on the day we left to fly out for my wedding! Returned after a complete blow out on food but consistently kept to my exercise making sure I was active for an hour a day if not more.

Returned and looking to loose the half stone I put on after the wedding, honeymoon, Christmas and birthday I have had between but maybe just not quite as strict.

Great to know your story?
  • anl90
    anl90 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Always happy to meet new people. Please feel free to add me if you would like a friend. :)
  • Jaynerose626
    Jaynerose626 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Speaking of blisters - I have learned if you are going to run longer distances low ankle socks are not going to cut it!

Bahaha yeah I've made that blunder a few times. Just encourages me to run home faster for a change in socks.
  • Jaynerose626
    Options
    6raham wrote: »
    Hi Jayne,

Welcome along.

In terms of my story, started this time last year at 17st 4 (242lbs) and wanted to get to 10st 7 (147lbs) by my wedding in September, slowly increased my exercise routine and strictly kept to my calories, food habits completely changed and consistently kept to eating chicken, spinach or food I would say was the most efficient in low calorie and high quantity, I have to feel full! Managed to get there on the day we left to fly out for my wedding! Returned after a complete blow out on food but consistently kept to my exercise making sure I was active for an hour a day if not more.

Returned and looking to loose the half stone I put on after the wedding, honeymoon, Christmas and birthday I have had between but maybe just not quite as strict.

Great to know your story?

Oh wow! How did your wedding go? Was everyone blown away by you and your partner looking magnificent?

Me? I'm currently working towards getting back to the weight I was last year however this time doing it healthily.
  • Jaynerose626
    Options
    Cheers Anl90.
  • Buck6032
    Buck6032 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi Jayne. I have tried this journey many a times. I want this journey to last that once I leave 245lbs I do not go back
  • Jaynerose626
    Options
    I can understand that, been there myself. Even last year. Working on maintaining a steady weight is part of the journey too. Something I need to work on as well. Looking forward to seeing you accomplish your ambitions.